PDA

View Full Version : Bet this river?

mrpurple
04-14-2005, 02:31 AM
UTG is kind of a donk. Lots of the stuff he shows down are runner runner suckouts. Way to loose and goes way to far with hands. A pleasure to play with.

I have a set of kings. But, I can't imagine getting called by any hand without an ace or 9. Plus, If he rivered the straight no way he bets out. He definately wants to checkraise.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif. MP1 posts a blind of $3.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">7 folds</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (8.33 SB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 folds.

Turn: (5.16 BB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls.

River: (7.16 BB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 7.16 BB

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif. MP1 posts a blind of $3.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">7 folds</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (8.33 SB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 folds.

Turn: (5.16 BB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls.

River: (7.16 BB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 7.16 BB

Also, just out of curiousity, no one finds a fold here regardless of what kind of donk bets out do they? I definately don't. But, I'm started to realize I'm paying off on the river to often with big pockets when I'm outdrawn. So, its a point of interest for me.

spoohunter
04-14-2005, 02:42 AM
The real question is, is he a loose passive calling station, or is he a crazy donk?

The river is a definite bet, but just because a player is 'bad' doesn't mean you pay him off more. In fact, I pay off 'good' players more often than I pay off 'bad' but it all depends on what type of good and what type of bad they are.

KDawgCometh
04-14-2005, 02:43 AM
I wouldn't bet that river. So many people will stay in with an ace its not funny. At full handed tables I take the careful route when four to a straight appears on the board, esp in the hand playing range

mrpurple
04-14-2005, 02:47 AM
loose passive donk. If I bet and get checkraised, fold or call?

to answer my own question, he is passive enough he doesn't checkraise without the straight. I can fold.

I just hate folding there.

Piiop
04-14-2005, 03:35 AM
Bet the river so hard.

[ QUOTE ]
I can't imagine getting called by any hand without an ace or 9

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously?

mrpurple
04-14-2005, 03:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Bet the river so hard.

[ QUOTE ]
I can't imagine getting called by any hand without an ace or 9

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously?

[/ QUOTE ]

You are right. I am giving him too much credit.

tacos
04-14-2005, 05:05 AM
I'd bet it. Too often, the chump just has a small pocket pair he can't let go of - and I really get that feel on this one.

mrpurple
04-14-2005, 05:10 AM
Chump showed something like J7 for a pair of jacks and MHIG.

Jeffage
04-14-2005, 08:35 AM
Even donks will bet out if they river a straight here b/c they're afraid it will be checked through. When he checks, I put him on 2pair AT BEST. Bet and see what it collects. If he had bet, you shrug and call.

Jeff

27offsooot
04-14-2005, 09:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Lots of the stuff he shows down are runner runner suckouts.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this read was results-oriented and affecting your play... Bet/ fold this against LPPs 100% of the time. He will only c/r with the ace. He will call with a bunch of other crap (and probably the 9).