PDA

View Full Version : Is this right? Top pair, crap kicker

calmasahinducow
04-14-2005, 01:43 AM
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (7 SB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, Button calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, UTG+2 folds, MP2 calls, Button calls.

River: (10 BB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds, MP2 folds, Button calls.

Final Pot: 12 BB

No read on villain whatsoever as this is 2nd hand since sitting.

Shillx
04-14-2005, 01:45 AM
This line is okay but not the best imo. With 7 people in the pot I like checking and seeing what the action is. If it gets crazy I can get away and if someone in LP bets I can check/raise to face everyone with 2 bets. If someone in EP bets, I can call and then probably bet the turn.

Brad

SmileyEH
04-14-2005, 01:46 AM
With the 3/6 blind structure I think this is a fold preflop. Also, I prefer a checkraise on this draw heavy flop to thin the field.

-SmileyEH

Delzek15
04-14-2005, 01:48 AM
No way I'd lead out here in first position with that many people in the hand. As a previous poster said I'd see what everyone elses action would be first so I could get out quickly if I saw a bet reraise.

jclin
04-14-2005, 01:51 AM
With so many players, K9o IMO loses its value even more. Fold preflop.

With that said, if you are going to play it, check/call check/call bet is probably your best line (e.g. what happens if you get raised at any point?)

jclin
04-14-2005, 01:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
With the 3/6 blind structure I think this is a fold preflop. Also, I prefer a checkraise on this draw heavy flop to thin the field.

-SmileyEH

[/ QUOTE ]

c/r will only work on LP bettors, but if it is bet by them, it is a good play, as they could easily be betting their ten or flush or straight draw.

brettbrettr
04-14-2005, 08:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
With so many players, K9o IMO loses its value even more. Fold preflop.

With that said, if you are going to play it, check/call check/call bet is probably your best line (e.g. what happens if you get raised at any point?)

[/ QUOTE ]

I def agree with the fold pre-flop. I almost agree with the check call, but if on the flop a decent or aggro LP player bets I'm-a-raising.

ckessel
04-14-2005, 11:50 AM
First, I fold this preflop. K9 is just a crap hand and in 3/6 you're paying almost full price to see it. KT I might see, particularly with lots of players. K9s clearly a call.

Flop. I'd be tempted to check and A) check raise if the initial bet comes from a late position, thus facing callers with 2 bets, or B) call and lead out the turn if a blank hits (no diamond/no A,Q,J,T as all of those can hurt you badly).

Turn. Great card, since you bet the flop you almost have to bet the turn. Early position sucks with lots of players.

River. Yea, auto-bet. If someone hit running 7's, more power to them.

Given passiveness, the only hand I see beating you is KQo or KJs. Anything else with a K you'd have seen a raise earlier (AK for example) or you outkick (Kxs from late position). Maybe some really passive putz has KQs.

calmasahinducow
04-14-2005, 02:42 PM
Thanks guys. Villain had KJ and I definitely should have folded preflop.