PDA

View Full Version : AA vs monotone 3bet flop

djr
04-14-2005, 01:23 AM
only saw villian for a couple hands before this. He seemed reasonably tight/aggressive but I wasn't putting too much stock in that read.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (13.40 SB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (9.70 BB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (11.70 BB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 13.70 BB

ok, his 3bet on the flop spooked me. Does anyone push the turn/river?

CallMeIshmael
04-14-2005, 01:25 AM
You have to put at least one more raise in.

EDIT: because it is WAY too easy for him to have a big pair with one heart... or even no hearts. You have the best hand on the river A LOT.

SmileyEH
04-14-2005, 01:25 AM
I feel like raising the turn and folding to a 3bet is better as he could be doing this with something like AK one heart, KKh etc. etc. Only problem is you could fold to the aformention KK grrr.

Hm, pot is big just call down.

Edit: thought the flop was capped. Cap the flop next time.

-SmileyEH

djr
04-14-2005, 01:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I feel like raising the turn and folding to a 3bet

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought about that but if I raise and he 3bets which causes me to fold I've just put in as much money as calling down but now don't get a showdown. If I raise and he calls but another heart hits, he bets and I'm out again without the showdown (this time it's more likely I'm sunk though and I'm folding). Finally, if I raise and he calls the turn, if he checks the river I'd probably still check behind in case he's setting up for the cr.

Unless I'm really missing something I just can't see it being a good idea to raise the turn or river given an unknown 3bet the flop (realize I've just started voyaging into 5/10 land so I'm a little nervous anyway). But at the same time, I feel like a wuss just calling down. Equally important, I can't see folding the flop being an option since the odds are in my favor he didn't hit a flush. I just don't think there's equity to raise.

CallMeIshmael
04-14-2005, 01:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Unless I'm really missing something I just can't see it being a good idea to raise the turn or river given an unknown 3bet the flop

[/ QUOTE ]

He also 3-bet preflop.

The hands we lose to are: AhKh, AhQh and possibly 99/88 (if he 3-bets these).

We are good a lot.

Yobz
04-14-2005, 01:40 AM
I would have capped the flop and called down from there...maybe raise the river once no heart falls

Delzek15
04-14-2005, 01:46 AM
Even though I'm new at this I would have called the turn and raised the hell out of the river once the 4th heart didn't come. Ah/Kh Qh is much less likely compared to some other K/K Q/Q J/J betting strong with his over pair and one lone heart.

CallMeIshmael
04-14-2005, 01:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I would have called the turn and raised the hell out of the river once the 4th heart didn't come.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you raise the river don't cap (I think that's what you're implying). Capping is spewing.

oreogod
04-14-2005, 04:51 AM
I think you are good here. Looks like PP vs PP. The only hand that 'could' play like this that I would worry about is AhKh...but i wouldnt worry to hard about it. The biggest thing u have to worry about is another heart falling, the next thing would be a Q or K falling (he probably has KK-QQ). if he has a heart in his hand hes not going anywhere, me I bet/raise/3-bet the turn, when the other heart doesnt hit on the river I do the same thing.

I probably call the flop 3-bet, let him lead the turn and pop it like I said above.

Carmine
04-14-2005, 07:52 AM
Villian has a big hand with a heart here THAT YOU BEAT many more times than not. He likes his hand PF so his flop aggression doesn't mean made hand. In a 3-beting range there is only one combination of AK /images/graemlins/heart.gif all other combinations have a lone /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Do you not own 70% of every dollar that goes into this pot against someone who needs to hit his flush draw to win. In reality could you not cap every street and come out +++EV in the longrun.