PDA

View Full Version : High-stakes All-in Fests (low content)

Generator
04-14-2005, 01:17 AM
Apologies if this is a silly observation. As a $10+1 player watching the Party WSOP Step 5's and 6's, the preflop pushes seem insane to me. I'm seeing level 4 AQ pushing against K9 who calls. Bubble play seems to be the same. Am I the only player who's seeing the ultra-high stakes guys doing exactly what Harrington and the SNG faq's floating around here say not to do?

I realize that it becomes correct to push or fold when the blinds get high enough, but when does it become correct to call with A7s?

Degen
04-14-2005, 01:23 AM
"I realize that it becomes correct to push or fold when the blinds get high enough, but when does it become correct to call with A7s?"

When:

A) You are getting insane odds from the pot and you'll be left with ~0 FE if you fold.

B) Your opponent has been stealing constantly and has not been getting called (this doesn't mean you should always call with a hand like A7s, K9 etc. in this situnation, but it can make it a correct call if you do it)

or

C) You put your opponent on a steal.

Degen

tech
04-14-2005, 01:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Am I the only player who's seeing the ultra-high stakes guys doing exactly what Harrington and the SNG faq's floating around here say not to do?

[/ QUOTE ]

Just because someone plays high stakes doesn't mean he/she is good. But to answer your question, I see more mistakes made on calls than pushes. Most people underestimate the gap.