PDA

View Full Version : Pretty cool card trick

slickpoppa
04-14-2005, 12:34 AM
video (http://media.skoopy.com/vids/vid_00543.wmv)

NLSoldier
04-14-2005, 12:37 AM
Why do freaking vidoes posted on here NEVER work for me!?!?! I am getting so sick of this. It always looks like its in infared mode or something. Can anyone help?

Ogre
04-14-2005, 12:38 AM
Nice

Matty
04-14-2005, 12:38 AM
some good slight of hand, but easy to see how he does it.

istewart
04-14-2005, 12:40 AM
That's sweet.

slickpoppa
04-14-2005, 12:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

how?

diddle
04-14-2005, 12:43 AM
damn

4 T /images/graemlins/spade.gif
2 Kings
and four 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

handsome
04-14-2005, 12:43 AM
I can't see it. Nifty.

slickpoppa
04-14-2005, 12:48 AM
so i guess there was one 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif, one 10 /images/graemlins/spade.gif, one K /images/graemlins/club.gif, and one K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. It's really hard to see how he pulled the sleight of hand off though

Yobz
04-14-2005, 12:50 AM
I like it.

wacki
04-14-2005, 12:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Why do freaking vidoes posted on here NEVER work for me!?!?! I am getting so sick of this. It always looks like its in infared mode or something. Can anyone help?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are getting infrared mode on multiple players WMP, irfanview, quicktime, realplayer, etc, then your codecs are probably bad. Try reinstalling Windows Media player and you should get new codecs.

Matty
04-14-2005, 12:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

how?

[/ QUOTE ]Most of the time he's flipping over more than one card while pretending to only flip over one card. That alone accounts for about 80% of the trick.

Like watch when he's doing the 10's. He has the 10 as the third card from the top, but flips over 3 cards to make it look like it's on top. Then he removes the real top card, and flips over two cards, again making the 10 look like it's on top. Then he shows you where the 10 really is, then flips it really quickly into his other hand to make it look like it's the last card as well.

NLSoldier
04-14-2005, 12:57 AM
Thanks wacki, i was just about to summon your help. I knew you would come through.

So how do I go about reinstalling wmp? Microsoft website?

edit-nm i found it on their website.

PokerFink
04-14-2005, 12:59 AM
The only things I picked up on were that he showed the K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif and K /images/graemlins/club.gif twice each at the end, so he was obviously dropping the 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif and 10 /images/graemlins/spade.gif, and then just showed the two kings again.

When he shows the four tens, he has the ten as the third card in the pile but is actually dropping the top card off the deck. That was the easiest part of the trick to pick up on, but admittedly I was pretty baffled by the rest of it.

Dead
04-14-2005, 01:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks wacki, i was just about to summon your help. I knew you would come through.

So how do I go about reinstalling wmp? Microsoft website?

edit-nm i found it on their website.

[/ QUOTE ]

link (http://www.divx-digest.com/software/nimo_pack.html)

Matty
04-14-2005, 01:12 AM
Okay, I've got time (not really, but oh well), so here's the whole thing:

Originally the 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif is on bottom, but when he "reverses the order of the packet", he really grabs more than one card at some point and the 2 ends up 2nd from the top. He then makes it look like it's on top by flipping over two cards. After removing the top card, omigosh, the 2 is on top again!

Then he puts the 2 3rd from the top, and flips over 3 cards to make it look like it's on top. Removes the top card, flips over two cards to make the 2 look like it's on top again. He continues on with this same trick, keeping the 2 in the middle.

Then he does the exact same thing with the 10's, except at the end he does a quick little flip thing.

Then he puts the ten on the bottom, and the sound really gives him away on this part. He just slides the top card off each time, and shows you the bottom card which is always the ten.

Then he does the flip-over-two-cards while keeping the kings in the middle thing again, and removes the 10 and 2, then shows you the 2 kings.

Watch it a couple times with the sound on and you'll see it.

wacki
04-14-2005, 01:14 AM
I thought about that, but the video we downloaded specifically uses Windows Media Video 9 codec.

But yes, divx codec is something everyone should have:

http://www.divx.com/

PokerFink
04-14-2005, 01:19 AM
Thanks for clarifying. As I said, the tens were easy to pick up on, but I had no idea how he was doing some of the stuff with the twos. I was actually pausing it to see if he was bottom dealing the twos or something, I didn't even think of flipping over multiple cards at once.

Oh.... and you're never allowed to deal in my home game. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

NLSoldier
04-14-2005, 01:19 AM
Sweet I reinstalled and it works now. Thanks!

wacki
04-14-2005, 01:22 AM
No problem.

NLSoldier
04-14-2005, 01:22 AM
Wow that is pretty sick!

Matty
04-14-2005, 05:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Oh.... and you're never allowed to deal in my home game. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]I can actually only barely shuffle- no card tricks. Watching the guy, I just saw what he was doing. Maybe I'm missing out on my calling. =]

I'll probably google around for a card trick book or video in a minute.

MarkL444
04-14-2005, 05:51 PM
are you guys stupid? its MAGIC.

7ontheline
04-14-2005, 06:16 PM
We must burn this practitioner of the dark arts!

mostsmooth
04-14-2005, 08:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Then he puts the ten on the bottom, and the sound really gives him away on this part. He just slides the top card off each time, and shows you the bottom card which is always the ten.

[/ QUOTE ]
how can this part even trick anybody? even looking at it normal speed you see hes taking the top card off and showing you the bottom card. how would that persuade you to think there were 4 tens???
granted the other stuff is slick

bholdr
04-14-2005, 08:31 PM
i bet this guy has a hard time getting invited to poker games.