PDA

View Full Version : first day new job

whiskeytown
10-31-2002, 10:29 PM
all I can say is...HOLY [censored]!!! - I nearly died the first day..

drank some Jack Daniels to calm my nerves and sleep...well, it turns out I wake up at 2:30 and can't go back to sleep. Get dressed at 5:30 and get downtown for a 12 hour shift...(3 days a week) -

my chest was pounding the first few hours....stress, exhuastion, and leftover alcohol had my chest hurting for a while...(but I read where heart attacks don't feel like that, so I didn't panic) - but I did not think I was gonna make it the full 12...(even just sitting around trying to figure out how to do my job...) - but I made it...

now I can sleep peacefully tonight...go in Fri. and Sat. and get this baby done for the week.

I hate 12 hours days, but I will like a 3 day work week.

RB

brad
11-01-2002, 03:10 AM
ok, end the suspense, what job is it?

whiskeytown
11-01-2002, 08:08 AM
network support for a large financial company.

people calling all day saying the internet is slow...stuff like that /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

RB

pudley4
11-04-2002, 11:38 AM
Congrats on the new job, I know it's a tough IT market right now. If you don't mind, which company is it? I work for US Bancorp Piper Jaffray, doing support on our Trading floor, so I know exactly what you're talking about (it's amazing how "important" every little thing is to every user)