PDA

View Full Version : wow big pot with JT

jba
04-14-2005, 12:01 AM
how do you guys like this monster...

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, UTG calls, MP calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls, MP calls.

Turn: (13 BB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP caps</font>, Button calls, Hero calls.

River: (25 BB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP caps</font>, Button calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 37 BB

too aggressive ?

anybody fold this preflop?

aK13
04-14-2005, 12:19 AM
I think you lucked out. Looks like you were behind Button's AA/KK/QQ on the flop and behind MP's straight on the turn. You're getting 19:2 on the turn for 4 outs -- this is a marginal call getting only 9.5:1, but implied odds with 3 players and all the action seem to make this a worthy call. Although I don't know if these regulations change when it's 6 max?

grjr
04-14-2005, 12:20 AM
Pretty much didn't matter what you did. It was gonna get capped every street anyways. This is one of those hands where halfway through the turn you're wondering WTH you're doing in this hand but you can't quit now.

toss
04-14-2005, 12:22 AM
PF is reasonable, your flop 3-bet seems too aggro, turn is outrageous, river was a miracle!

Edit: Whoops didn't see it was 6-max.

yellowjack
04-14-2005, 12:27 AM
I'm not experienced enough with 5-handed play to describe the hand requirements, so I'll comment on what I can say with some degree of confidence.

Flop is good. OESD + top pair and you're getting it capped four-handed.

Turn is where it's questionable. After your turn bet, it's 3-bet to you. You're getting 16 to 2, you know your two-pair is no good so out of 46 cards, 4 help you. 46 to 4 = 23 to 2, therefore I fold the turn after initially betting.

istewart
04-14-2005, 12:33 AM
I tend to dump this preflop.

ArturiusX
This goes in HUSH, but I suppose a lot of people were in this hand.

I think the 3-bet is a bit to much gas, we're behind a lot of hands here, so we're probably drawing to 13 outs, I'll discount down to about 8 due to random dominations.

You hit one of your outs, but when mp wakes up on a 4 to a straight board, I think our two pair is beat and its an easy fold.

The river was one of your only outs to save you.

ArturiusX
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Short handed?

grjr
04-14-2005, 12:36 AM
Ed Miller doesn't like you folding in big pots though.

Entity
04-14-2005, 12:36 AM
The turn is really close. I think folding for two is best given the chance it'll be capped.

istewart
04-14-2005, 12:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Short handed?

[/ QUOTE ]

Missed that.

deepsquat
04-14-2005, 02:18 AM
I think flop and preflop are fine, you have a tonne of outs on the flop and you have MP and UTG trapped in the middle.

On the turn its pretty obvious MP has a straight, when its 2 back to you i think you need to dump it + the chance it will be capped.

You probably have 4 outs, 2 jacks and 2 tens for the boat + a chance to split with a straight which may not be good vs KQ.

I think the turn is where i would leave it.

scotty34
04-14-2005, 02:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ed Miller doesn't like you folding on the river for one more bet when there is a slight possibility that you are going to win the pot.

None of these applied in this case on the turn where he should have folded.

chunk
04-14-2005, 02:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
too aggressive ?

[/ QUOTE ]

no, i love this hand.

[ QUOTE ]
anybody fold this preflop?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, i do sometimes, i admit it. i'm sorry

grjr
04-14-2005, 12:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ed Miller doesn't like you folding on the river for one more bet when there is a slight possibility that you are going to win the pot.

None of these applied in this case on the turn where he should have folded.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does anyone have a link to that post where Ed Miller talked about not folding in large pots? Because not folding only on the river was not the gist that I got out of it. I tried a search but came up empty.

jba
04-14-2005, 12:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Does anyone have a link to that post where Ed Miller talked about not folding in large pots?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's this crushing micros (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Number=462860&amp;page=0&amp;view=collap sed&amp;sb=7&amp;o=14&amp;fpart=1) thread you're talking about.

I'm not sure it gets me off the hook.

grjr
04-14-2005, 01:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Does anyone have a link to that post where Ed Miller talked about not folding in large pots?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's this crushing micros (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Number=462860&amp;page=0&amp;view=collap sed&amp;sb=7&amp;o=14&amp;fpart=1) thread you're talking about.

I'm not sure it gets me off the hook.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that's the one, thanks. He does say don't fold for ONE bet which isn't the case here with all the raising but he doesn't mean just on the river so I guess it's a wash.

Despos
04-14-2005, 01:58 PM
Let's also not forget he's big bling so he's getting better odds pre-flop, not a horrible hand to defend.