PDA

View Full Version : 55 against a lag

Stork
04-14-2005, 12:00 AM
.5/1 on Pacific, 4-handed.

CO just posted in. He checks, I call on the button with 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif. SB( villain/LAG) completes, BB(folds pretty easily, not adjusted to short-handed) checks.

Flop comes 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif2 /images/graemlins/club.gif7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif , 4 small bets in the pot.
SB(lag) bets, BB(folder) calls, I call.
Turn: 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif with 3.5 big bets in the pot.
SB bets, BB folds, I call.
River: Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5 big bets in the pot.
SB bets, I call.

MrWookie47
04-14-2005, 12:51 AM
I raise this preflop. Poster can't like his hand too much, and if BB is tight, look to steal. If they don't let you steal, you still have a hand with some showdown value.

Entity
04-14-2005, 12:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
CO just posted in. He checks, I call

[/ QUOTE ]

Yuck.

Raise preflop. Postflop looks OK to me but only if you know LAG will bet Ace-high or whatever on this flop.

Stork
04-14-2005, 03:59 PM
Is it still a raise preflop even if I think there is very little chance of getting it heads up?

@bsolute_luck
04-14-2005, 04:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Is it still a raise preflop even if I think there is very little chance of getting it heads up?

[/ QUOTE ]

you still have position if the flop is unfavorable, plus the poster might fold if he's just checking his hand 1st in can't like it too much.

flopwell
04-14-2005, 04:04 PM
I don't play short handed, and this is why. I would be inclined to be much more aggressive, and probably end up spewing chips. I would've raised from the button PF with a pair, and bet/raised to the turn until someone showed me aggression.

Again, I make the disclaimer that I don't play HUSH.