PDA

View Full Version : KQs....I think U hate this

PokerBob
04-13-2005, 11:50 PM
villains are unknown. commentss?

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, MP calls.

Flop: (9.33 SB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, MP calls.

Turn: (6.16 BB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, MP calls.

River: (9.16 BB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero folds, UTG folds.

Final Pot: 10.16 BB

spoohunter
04-13-2005, 11:56 PM
This cannot be standard preflop action.

einbert
04-14-2005, 12:10 AM
5-handed I like the PF three-bet.

I don't mind the flop bet.

On the turn you don't have enough fold equity to make this bet. In addition getting raised royally sucks because you have to call. Just check it.

River is standard.

Entity
04-14-2005, 12:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

5-handed it is.

PokerBob
04-14-2005, 12:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]

On the turn you don't have enough fold equity to make this bet. In addition getting raised royally sucks because you have to call. Just check it.

River is standard.

[/ QUOTE ]

So is the turn bet bad, awful, or the worst move ever? I'm curious.

einbert
04-14-2005, 12:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

River is standard.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm seen much worse, but it's definitely not the best of your options.

spoohunter
04-14-2005, 12:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

5-handed it is.

[/ QUOTE ]

I (jokingly) suggest all non full posts be move to short handed so I don't make an ass of myself so often.

PokerBob
04-14-2005, 12:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

5-handed it is.

[/ QUOTE ]

I (jokingly) suggest all non full posts be move to short handed so I don't make an ass of myself so often.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't sweat it. I make an ass of myself here daily.

orionfett
04-14-2005, 12:30 AM
I dont really like the three bet from bad position preflop. Coming out beating is obv on flop since u 3 bet turn your hand is v nice so nothin wrong with betting it river you didnt plan on calling a bet and nothin really hinted at them folding to a single bet short handed so check fold is def right.

einbert
04-14-2005, 12:30 AM
Here's a useful hint.

If you have a SH hand, but you want responses from the SS crowd, just change the hand to make it 10 handed and add a bunch of folds in front.

HUSH format (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Board=headsup&amp;Number=2136306&amp;For um=f8&amp;Words=&amp;Searchpage=0&amp;Limit=25&amp;Main=2136306&amp;Se arch=true&amp;where=bodysub&amp;Name=25219&amp;daterange=1&amp;new erval=1&amp;newertype=w&amp;olderval=&amp;oldertype=&amp;bodyprev= #Post2136306)

SS Format (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Board=smallholdem&amp;Number=2136595 &amp;Forum=f3&amp;Words=&amp;Searchpage=0&amp;Limit=25&amp;Main=213659 5&amp;Search=true&amp;where=bodysub&amp;Name=25219&amp;daterange=1 &amp;newerval=1&amp;newertype=w&amp;olderval=&amp;oldertype=&amp;bodyp rev=#Post2136595)

See, no problem ^^

Nate tha' Great
04-14-2005, 12:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

River is standard.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Buh? He's got like 18 outs to the turn, 12 of which are to the effective nuts. Plenty of firepower to bet and withstand a raise. Getting two folds here 10 or even 5% of the time is gravy.

PokerBob
04-14-2005, 12:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

River is standard.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Buh? He's got like 18 outs to the turn, 12 of which are to the effective nuts. Plenty of firepower to bet and withstand a raise. Getting two folds here 10 or even 5% of the time is gravy.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, 2 posters I respect a great deal are gving conflicting advice and I'm -50 BB in my last 20K hands. My head hurts.

Nate tha' Great
04-14-2005, 12:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

River is standard.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, 2 posters I respect a great deal are gving conflicting advice and I'm -50 BB in my last 20K hands. My head hurts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Which one of those posters has an avatar of Barry Zito scratching himself?

CallMeIshmael
04-14-2005, 12:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

POTD.

Stu Pidasso
04-14-2005, 12:45 AM
I like the way you played it. I'd consider betting the river too if you were heads up at that point.

Stu

PokerBob
04-14-2005, 12:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, you win.

Can I infer that since you two disagree, that my turn decision was close, and thus I am not the fucktard I think I am? Or at least wasn't in that hand?

SmileyEH
04-14-2005, 01:01 AM
I like it start to finish.

-SmileyEH

Nate tha' Great
04-14-2005, 01:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Can I infer that since you two disagree, that my turn decision was close, and thus I am not the fucktard I think I am? Or at least wasn't in that hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think the turn decision is that close. Let's say that you have 15 outs = about 33% equity in the hand.

If you bet, one of the following things will happen

a. Both players fold (10%). You win the pot. +6.16 BB.

b. One player calls (35%). We'll assume that he has the best hand presently, so your EV is 33% of the 2 BB that go in, less the 1 BB you put in yourself, which works out to -0.33 BB.

c. Both players call (30%). Here, you're pretty much breaking even exactly, as you'll improve to the best hand 1/3 of the time.

d. One player calls, one player raises (10%). Two bets go in but you are still almost breaking even.

e. One player raises, other player folds (15%). The worst situation. You collect 33% of 4 BB, but pay 2 BB to do it. EV = -.68 BB.

Total EV from betting is
+6.16 x 10% = +0.62 BB
-0.33 x 35% = -0.12 BB
-0.68 x 15% = -0.10 BB
========================
Net = +0.40 BB, or maybe just a bit less.

Remember, if you check, it's very likely that you'll wind up putting in a bet anyway. Betting is pretty clear IMO. Even if you get two folds just 5% of the time, it would be better than checking.

TStoneMBD
04-14-2005, 02:33 AM
betting is undoubtedly the right move on the turn. you could argue checking in more aggressive games, but its not close here. its unlikely that you will be raised by the passive players at 3/6. if you check, you will call a bet by any paired hand that would have called your bet on the turn. therefore, checking only reduces your folding equity.