PDA

View Full Version : Quad 7s 2 Hands In a Row (Completely Void of Content)

GrunchCan
04-13-2005, 11:32 PM
If your'e looking for content, your'e reading the wrong post.

This is the freakiest freak of probabilities I've ever experienced. First hand occured at 2/4 full:

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls, Button calls, BB folds.

Turn: (7.25 BB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls, Button calls.

River: (11.25 BB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 folds, Button calls, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 17.25 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
UTG has Kc Kd (two pair, kings and sevens).
Hero has 7h 7s (four of a kind, sevens).
Button has Qc Kh (two pair, queens and sevens).
Outcome: Hero wins 17.25 BB. </font>

When the BB reaches me I leave for a 1/2 6m table (to clear bonus). The very first hand I play:

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 3 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (3 SB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: (3 BB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, SB folds.

River: (5 BB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button folds.

Final Pot: 6 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has 7c Qs (four of a kind, sevens).
Outcome: Hero wins 6 BB. </font>

istewart
04-13-2005, 11:33 PM
wtf

Redd
04-13-2005, 11:34 PM
The guys/gals in probability would have a field day with this one.

Redd
04-13-2005, 11:38 PM
And I don't understand why you didn't raise the flop in hand 1? Pot is getting big enough to take down, and you only have a low middle set at this point.

GrunchCan
04-13-2005, 11:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
And I don't understand why you didn't raise the flop in hand 1? Pot is getting big enough to take down, and you only have a low middle set at this point.

[/ QUOTE ]

I call for value.

Stork
04-13-2005, 11:40 PM
With no draws available, Heros equity is enormous here, no need to knock people out.

mmbt0ne
04-13-2005, 11:41 PM
What hands are you afraid of on the flop in hand 1? That is a hella ragged board, no need to push people out. If he wasn't on the pfr's left it would be a raise, but now he is forcing too many people to call 2 cold.

Duerig
04-13-2005, 11:47 PM
Sorry for being an ass, but you had to have seen this coming.
link (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Number=1943067&amp;page=0&amp;view=colla psed&amp;sb=7&amp;o=14&amp;fpart=1)

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

GrunchCan
04-13-2005, 11:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
link (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Number=1943067&amp;page=0&amp;view=colla psed&amp;sb=7&amp;o=14&amp;fpart=1)

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, nice hand.

KingOtter
04-14-2005, 12:40 AM
Heh, I thought I was beating probability tonight by getting KK 4 times. Losing with it 3 times, and taking the pot on the flop the 4th for a measly little win. Ahh well.

KO

cmwck
04-14-2005, 01:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I call for value.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then how do you explain the river raise? Wouldn't you get more value by getting people to overcall one bet rather than possibly folding them out for two?

GrunchCan
04-14-2005, 01:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I call for value.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then how do you explain the river raise? Wouldn't you get more value by getting people to overcall one bet rather than possibly folding them out for two?

[/ QUOTE ]

I normally wouldn't make less - one of the two behind me is likely to have something to call with, and UTG certianly will call. Plus I think it's worth the shot here, just in case someone has something they are willing to reraise with.

bottomset
04-14-2005, 02:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

haha but you do get a pass every now and then if you are as good a poster as Grunch