PDA

View Full Version : JJ vs. the LRR

MoreWineII
04-13-2005, 10:25 PM
Ultimate Bet 5/10 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps...</font>

I'm no pro at handling the LRR, but it appears to be becoming more and more common. UTG+1 has about 10BB in front of him and he might be tilting slightly. My notes on him say "too loose, too aggressive." I think this is an easy cap.

SB calls, BB folds, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (14 SB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>

I had to think about this one for a second. Finally I just went ahead and raised. It looks like UTG+1 might just have that overpair to my jacks. At this point, I don't really care what SB does. I'm gonna have to confront him with two bets at some point, may as well be now when he might think he has a chance.

Anybody have any objections up to this point?

Rest of the hand in a bit.

brettbrettr
04-13-2005, 10:27 PM
Given that UTG is so short I might call there. That is a really, really drawless board and if he's LRR'ing with nothing he's going to continue to bet. If he's got AA or KK, he's going to continue to bet.

MoreWineII
04-13-2005, 10:33 PM
There were a couple of other factors that ran through my head. The first is that since I capped preflop, he's expecting me to raise here. Anything else would look suspcious. Of course that's to a thinking player which maybe he isn't. And if he's got KK or AA, I fully expect him to three-bet and lead, which is going to allow me to pop the turn.

brettbrettr
04-13-2005, 10:34 PM
Although I must admit that this is a really good point:

[ QUOTE ]
I'm gonna have to confront him with two bets at some point, may as well be now when he might think he has a chance.

[/ QUOTE ]

What kind of player is the SB?

brettbrettr
04-13-2005, 10:36 PM
I'm sorry, I completely missed the cap. That changes things for me.

MoreWineII
04-13-2005, 10:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Although I must admit that this is a really good point:

[ QUOTE ]
I'm gonna have to confront him with two bets at some point, may as well be now when he might think he has a chance.

[/ QUOTE ]

What kind of player is the SB?

[/ QUOTE ]

Oops, sorry no read on SB. I haven't heard much from him in a couple of orbits (table is pretty aggro overall), so I'm thinking on the passive side, but don't put a lot of stock in that.

adamstewart
04-13-2005, 10:37 PM
Preflop: I give more credit than most for an LRR having AA or KK, but given your read, your cap is great IMO.

Flop: Approximately 50% of the time, on this uncoordinated, drawless board, I may smooth-call the flop and raise the turn.

Here, however I really like your raising the flop for the following reasons:

* If LRR really has AA or KK, he'll re-reraise you. /images/graemlins/smile.gif
* Given your read on LRR, he'll likley rereaise you anyway, given his action thus far.
* If SB calls, and either of the above occur, you trap SB for more and more bets.

Conclusion: perfect so far.

Adam

Entity
04-13-2005, 11:06 PM
The hand is 100% perfect so far. Face SB with two cold while he's more likely to call two cold with overcards (or an overcard), because he'll fold for two on the turn often.

MoreWineII
04-14-2005, 12:30 AM
The rest of the hand was pretty vanilla:

...SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Any arguments for capping this? My fear was that he'd check the turn to me.

Turn: (10 BB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG+1 calls.

River: (18 BB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Final Pot: 20 BB

Villian had AA.

elindauer
04-14-2005, 01:11 AM
I don't see the point of capping it preflop. What are you trying to accomplish?

The logic behind your flop action is excellent.

Good luck.
Eric

bakku
04-14-2005, 01:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't see the point of capping it preflop. What are you trying to accomplish?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
UTG+1 has about 10BB in front of him and he might be tilting slightly. My notes on him say "too loose, too aggressive."

[/ QUOTE ]