PDA

View Full Version : idol "shocker"

GrannyMae
04-13-2005, 09:13 PM
ok,

this needs own thread if any investors are watching show.

seacrest opens show with comment
"trust me america, you are in for a SHOCK"

shock can mean only 2 things.

1. 2-3 good contestants in bottom 3 (but not neccesarily eliminated)

2. shocking elimination

soooo, for example, if you see scott, nadia and anwar in bottom 3, then anwar is gone because that would be only shock. (glad i sold him to short some carries and PRAYING the shock is carrie = gone)

get your fingers on the 'sell' button and SHORT the favorite in a situation like above
(2 non shocks, 1 shock pulled down for bottom 3)

no rocker shocks pls america. (i can handle one gone i guess, but i'd rather they both survive)

lorinda
04-13-2005, 09:15 PM
They have suspended betting at betfair (nothing sinister, it's because we can't see the show) but depending on the odds, it is possibly worth shorting all four faves right now.

Lori

The4Aces
04-13-2005, 09:15 PM
can you tell me where you bet on stuff like this? tradesports?

GrannyMae
04-13-2005, 09:17 PM
http://wsex.com/market/AMERIDOL-2005.html

btw, speculation has BO gone.

NFW!

i don't see it happening and will retire from idol forever if he is gone.

mosuavea
04-13-2005, 09:18 PM
maybe carrie or bo get the boot

jasonHoldEm
04-13-2005, 09:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
btw, speculation has BO gone.

NFW!

i don't see it happening

[/ QUOTE ]

I certainly hope not, I'm holding 64 of him. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

I'm guessing anwar.

I'd love to see constantine or carrie, but think they have as much chance of leaving as bo.

J

GrannyMae
04-13-2005, 09:22 PM
he just said

"you will NOT beleive who is in bottom 3"

that can mean 2 favorites in bottom 3, but neither gone.

gonna be a long 35 minutes

scott8
04-13-2005, 09:23 PM
All of my Anwar has been sold, some today, most last week.
I can take anything but Bo going.
-SC

mosuavea
04-13-2005, 09:24 PM
I'd love to see constantine or carrie, but think they have as much chance of leaving as bo.

J

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd love to see Carrie too, but I think its in a different way than you are saying
/images/graemlins/wink.gif

GrannyMae
04-13-2005, 09:24 PM
but carrie gave worst performance of all favs.

there could be a MASSIVE difference between eliminated contestant and second lowest vote gettter so nothing can really be determined by bottom 2.

GrannyMae
04-13-2005, 09:25 PM
if by the grace of a miracle carrie is gone, there will be much money made and lost tonight.

44 point chalk eliminated would be sweeeeeeeet.

scott8
04-13-2005, 09:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
if by the grace of a miracle carrie is gone, there will be much money made and lost tonight.

44 point chalk eliminated would be sweeeeeeeet.

[/ QUOTE ]

We all can dream. . .

jasonHoldEm
04-13-2005, 09:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ack...he didn't speak to bo...I'm scared.

GrannyMae
04-13-2005, 09:32 PM
ok, scott bottom 3.

NO shock there.

look for 2 favs bottom 3 with him but him still scott gone.

OR

like i said, if he is joined by nadia or another dog, expect a favorite that joins them to be gone.
(in this scenario, short the favorite during last commercial break if you got balls)

i don't think he would call it a shock if only one favorite was in bottom 3 and was not eliminated. all idol winners have seen bottom 3.

GrannyMae
04-13-2005, 09:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ack...he didn't speak to bo...I'm scared.

[/ QUOTE ]

me 2. i don't want all my eggs on constantine

GrannyMae
04-13-2005, 09:35 PM
bummer

carrie not gone

bad news for the rockers OR anwar

GrannyMae
04-13-2005, 09:36 PM
BO!

nooooo

rusty JEDI
04-13-2005, 09:38 PM
I havent been watching because im not on the west coast. But there is no way Anwar could be the shocker because he has already seen bottom 2 once.

And there is that whole thing where he sucks.

What a surprise last night he sung a horrible slow song badly and did one long note at the end.

He is this years John Stevens.

rJ

mosuavea
04-13-2005, 09:38 PM
I dont think he is going home, they need to fill an hour and making the bottom 3 even more dramatic is a solid way to do it

jasonHoldEm
04-13-2005, 09:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
YOUR ORDER
HAS BEEN REJECTED
THIS EVENT HAS BEEN PAUSED.

[/ QUOTE ]

oh [censored]

GrannyMae
04-13-2005, 09:39 PM
OMG granny and paula on same page

I'M GOING TO KILL MYSELF!!

http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/b0/shot.gif

lorinda
04-13-2005, 09:40 PM
It has been my experience that if faves in this sort of event get some kind of scare, that people panic sell ASAP.

Buy the ones who survive if they get cheap and sell back 2 hours later.

Lori

GrannyMae
04-13-2005, 09:41 PM
what in the world were you trying to do??

if bo survives, buy more when he goes down.

i have never seen it paused during show tho, so something is fuked up

scott8
04-13-2005, 09:42 PM
Ummmm, I might be panicking a little.

GrannyMae
04-13-2005, 09:43 PM
it going to come down to who third person is.

when paula told crowd not to worry because bo will be in final, seacrest practically screames "he could be gone" trying to keep paula from looking like a fool.

Bucky-Dat
04-13-2005, 09:44 PM
Bought 5 mo' Bo's at 1.5...it's all good. (Please, please, please let it be all good)

rusty JEDI
04-13-2005, 09:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have definitely had it paused trying to buy during a show more than once last year.

rJ

GrannyMae
04-13-2005, 09:45 PM
phew

THANK GOD for constantine being safe. granny can relax.

GrannyMae
04-13-2005, 09:48 PM
ok,

scott, nadia bo in bottom 3.

ONLY shock is bo being there. but is that enough for ryan to have made a big deal out of it?

either Bo is gone, or seacrest is a filthy hype-spammer

scott8
PLEASE be saying goodbye Nadia, PLEASE!!

mosuavea
Nadia can hit the road, I am not a fan

jasonHoldEm
[ QUOTE ]
seacrest is a filthy hype-spammer

[/ QUOTE ]

This would make sense. (I hope)

mosuavea
04-13-2005, 09:49 PM
Seacrest is a tool and his only job is to be a hype spammer

GrannyMae
04-13-2005, 09:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have definitely had it paused trying to buy during a show more than once last year.

rJ

[/ QUOTE ]

no chit?? i never had it happen. only saw it once and that was when mario quit.

what was reason rJ? nothing apparent?

rusty JEDI
04-13-2005, 09:53 PM
IIRC it paused last year during a bottom 3. And the other time after the girl with the pink hair who left early sung.

rJ

GrannyMae
04-13-2005, 09:55 PM
pink hair

rofl

which one?? nikki?

btw, i just realized we had no pink hair girl this year!!

scott8
04-13-2005, 09:56 PM
O no......

Hirez
04-13-2005, 09:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
pink hair

rofl

which one?? nikki?

btw, i just realized we had no pink hair girl this year!!

[/ QUOTE ]

amy adams

GrannyMae
phew...

i need some of my glaucoma meds and my tempurpedic.

too stressful!!!!!

btw, who is voting for scott the wife beater????

STOP IT!

rusty JEDI
Not nikki, that was a different year.

Yes Amy adams as someone above said.

rJ

Jurollo
Bo LIVES! Phew, he is my favorite.
~Justin

GrannyMae
04-13-2005, 09:58 PM
i made $300 on nadia in a day trade a few weeks ago. glad she was there

jasonHoldEm
Well, thanks wsex for preventing me from doing something silly.

scott8
Well that sure was fun.
I was 1000x more nervous than I ever been at a poker table.
Now take this prize home Bo!!!!!!
-SC

BK_
04-13-2005, 10:00 PM
everyone notice how the producers really want bo to be there till the end? even instructing contestants to stand up during his song? lol

jasonHoldEm
04-13-2005, 10:01 PM
WSEX market open again

Jurollo
04-13-2005, 10:02 PM
All you people investing in this I would gobble up Bo's this week as it was probably a wake up call to "Bo-Heads" that they have to call and vote.
~Justin

GrannyMae
04-13-2005, 10:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Well, thanks wsex for preventing me from doing something silly.

[/ QUOTE ]

i frikking knew you were trying to dump him.

scott, vonzell and anthony will all be gone before him so stick it out.

matter of fact, buy more!! or buy some constantines

GrannyMae
04-13-2005, 10:04 PM
his price won't drop much. point, 2 max.

jasonHoldEm
04-13-2005, 10:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]

i frikking knew you were trying to dump him

[/ QUOTE ]

Who me? Noooo... /images/graemlins/blush.gif

Yeah, I got a little jittery...but feel much better now. Like they said fantasia/rueben both hit bottom 3 and it was a wake up call to them and the voters.

I'm going to drop you an email later tonight.

J

GrannyMae
04-13-2005, 10:07 PM
All you people investing in this I would gobble up Bo's this week as it was probably a wake up call to "Bo-Heads" that they have to call and vote.

true story. tho i owned 109 contracts on her, i did not vote for fantaisa till week after her bottom 3. we all thought safe and i was not going to try during last year early in season cuz i was using regular phone instead of text messaging. after that week, i voted like clockwork.

point is that you are right imo

Uglyowl
04-13-2005, 10:12 PM
Rockers by nature are lazy. Teenie bopper fans have nothing to do, but dial a number as many times as possible.

I think you are right Justin, there is something to that.

La Brujita
04-13-2005, 10:15 PM
Damn I would buy more bos but I have no more money at WSEX. Damn gambling on other sports. Gran do me a favor and send me 650? I will pay it right back. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

GrannyMae
04-13-2005, 10:17 PM
Gran do me a favor and send me 650? I will pay it right back

what does it mean if i tell you that if you were serious, the money would be on its way?

does that make me stupid?

La Brujita
04-13-2005, 10:20 PM
GM and I would have transferred you the money if I was around last week and saved you all that hassle but I was just joking here!!!!!

Does that make me (since my jokes are not funny) or u (since u can't understand them) more off?

GrannyMae
04-13-2005, 10:27 PM
I was just joking here!!!!!

i knew that.

that's why i said

....if you were serious

i think it WAS funny, but it also made me think about the fact that if you asked for real i would do it in a second. some would tell me that i should have learned my lesson and never do that again. i don't buy that.

SinSixer
04-13-2005, 10:28 PM
Was Bo actually the "bottom two"? They make reference to them being the bottom three, then they send "one to safety"... I don't ever recall them ever claiming that the two remaining are the two least vote getters.

Most likely this was a dramatic ploy by the producers. Scott could have been the second least by a landslide, and Bo just barely slipping from the top 5 because of overconfident voters just to create dramatic tension....

I dont put much stock in Bo being on the bubble, I wish that they would have left the trading open so I could double up on Bo at a few bucks a contract.....

La Brujita
04-13-2005, 10:48 PM
All joking aside it is a tough issue for a couple of reasons, some philosophical some practical:

1. its nice to believe in the goodness of humanity

2. internet anonymity makes things difficult

3. poker has historically been a cash business where players lend each other money because so many of us have had short term money issues.

The truth of the matter is I sent $55 to a stranger who busted out who I thought was a PP regular and never saw it again.

I have also sent much higher amounts to regulars here with no problems.

The problem is for the honest ones (as I read in some poker book somewhere) is all it takes is one bad transaction to screw you and we will never be the screwers but rather the screwees, if that makes any sense (and that was not intended to be sexual but tempurpedic visions are floating through my head).

Jurollo
04-13-2005, 10:58 PM
I know I would send a regular (maybe around 20-30 people I would trust, cubs, granny, micro, etc) money in a heartbeat if I had it and they needed it, even after the Kaz debacle. Just be selective.
~Justin

GrannyMae
04-13-2005, 11:04 PM
Scott could have been the second least by a landslide
no. bo was second least vote getter. BUT, there could have been huge difference between nadia and bo.

the scott thing puzzles me. i have yet to meet a fan and he does not even seem to have a base at the idol site so i just can't figure out wtf is going on.

amongst other reasons why bo was bottom 2 is that paula's comment last night about seeing him in finals may have caused bo fans to vote for their second choice thinking he was safe. another reason is that simon may have been right and a HARD version of freebird with all that stage running may have turned off some voters.

GrannyMae
04-13-2005, 11:09 PM
(and that was not intended to be sexual but tempurpedic visions are floating through my head).

i will admit it.

the only thing that has *not* happened on the tempurpedic so far is sex.

but that's cuz it is not my birthday or passover. god forbid we do it 3 times a year just so granny can try some shake-N-bake on the new bed.

oye

http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/3/dont.gif

revots33
04-14-2005, 12:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
another reason is that simon may have been right and a HARD version of freebird with all that stage running may have turned off some voters.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree granny. I thought freebird was awesome, but it might have turned off some people. Ironically, Bo may have rocked TOO much. Still thought it was hysterical when he said he tried out for idol on a bet and basically doesn't give a [censored] if he loses. And when Bo says that, I actually believe him - he'd probably be happy to go back home and get back to rockin with his band. Hope his "whatever" attitude doesn't cost him votes, though. Either way I think Bo might wanna mellow it out a little next week.

jasonHoldEm
04-14-2005, 12:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
and basically doesn't give a [censored] if he loses. And when Bo says that, I actually believe him - he'd probably be happy to go back home and get back to rockin with his band.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bo would make a good poker player, but I'd bet my net worth he does care (a lot). They all know what's at stake.

That being said, I think his poise and quiet (or not so quiet) confidence tonight will help him in the long run, by far he was the most relaxed bottom 3 performer we've seen so far.

J

astroglide
04-14-2005, 12:53 AM
bottom 3 were scott, nadia, and bo. nadia left. who were the bottom 2? my dvr didn't know the show was 1hr /images/graemlins/frown.gif

SinSixer
04-14-2005, 12:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
bottom 3 were scott, nadia, and bo. nadia left. who were the bottom 2? my dvr didn't know the show was 1hr

[/ QUOTE ]

are you serious? Obviously it was Nadia, and the other was Bo....

GrannyMae
04-14-2005, 01:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
bottom 3 were scott, nadia, and bo. nadia left. who were the bottom 2? my dvr didn't know the show was 1hr /images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

the stinky wife beater got more votes than BO

RollaJ
04-14-2005, 09:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
but that's cuz it is not my birthday or passover. god forbid we do it 3 times a year just so granny can try some shake-N-bake on the new bed.

[/ QUOTE ]

That sucks, one of the two times Granny gets to shake and bake and she is stuck using matzah meal
/images/graemlins/frown.gif