PDA

View Full Version : Would it be ok to kill if someone was going to lie?

BeerMoney
04-13-2005, 07:18 PM
If someone was going to lie about you in court, and it would mean you going to jail for an extended period of time, would you kill them if you knew you would get away with it, and knew it would get you out of going to jail?

J.R.
04-13-2005, 07:20 PM
I'd hire a better attorney

Thythe
04-13-2005, 07:28 PM
How bout you are 100% innocent but were convicted and sentenced to death. On the way to execution you have an opportunity to escape, but it involves killing 5 guards. What do you do?

CrazyN8
04-13-2005, 07:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How bout you are 100% innocent but were convicted and sentenced to death. On the way to execution you have an opportunity to escape, but it involves killing 5 guards. What do you do?

[/ QUOTE ]

KILLING SPREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dr. klopek
04-13-2005, 07:38 PM
Without question.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Kill the [censored] out of those guards.

New001
04-13-2005, 07:47 PM
5 kills is a killing spree. Play more Halo2. (it wouldn't let me reply to the next post down)

edit: no wonder, the guy deleted his post declaring 5 to be running riot.

TomBrooks
04-13-2005, 07:50 PM
Dr. Klopec:

Why is that Buddist on fire?

[censored]
04-13-2005, 07:57 PM
No it would not be ok.

ceyoung
04-13-2005, 07:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
5 kills is a killing spree. Play more Halo2. (it wouldn't let me reply to the next post down)

edit: no wonder, the guy deleted his post declaring 5 to be running riot.

[/ QUOTE ]

yah im an idiot. i got splinter cell chaos theory and halo2 has been on the shelf for a little while.

The once and future king
04-13-2005, 07:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Dr. Klopec:

[/ QUOTE ]

Someone lied about him in court, he got sent down and he is protesting about it the only way he knows how. If you look closely you an see 5 temporarily incapcitated gaurds in the background. (Buddhists dont kill).

Thythe
04-13-2005, 08:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I'd have to agree. So then if later you are caught and it's finally found that you were innocent of the first crime, can they/would they try you on killing the 5 guards? (is this getting ridiculous?)

holeplug
04-13-2005, 08:24 PM
I'd kill way more than 5 guards if I had too

IndieMatty
04-13-2005, 08:34 PM
I'd just find the one armed man.

gamblore99
04-13-2005, 08:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

IF I knew for sure the 5 guards would die, then no. I would just sit in prison being super pissed.

Edge34
04-13-2005, 09:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In this case...i'm not sure. I probably would do it, even though I'd like to say I'm noble enough not to take 5 people out in order to save my own life.

jstnrgrs
04-13-2005, 09:37 PM
In the subject, you ask
"Would it be ok to kill if someone was going to lie?",
in the body of your message you ask
"If someone was going to lie about you in court, . . . would you kill them . . . ?".

These are very different questions.

brassnuts
04-13-2005, 09:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
In this case...i'm not sure. I probably would do it, even though I'd like to say I'm noble enough not to take 5 people out in order to save my own life.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but they're guards.

spoohunter
04-13-2005, 09:53 PM
No.

GemiNiveK
04-13-2005, 09:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If someone was going to lie about you in court, and it would mean you going to jail for an extended period of time, would you kill them if you knew you would get away with it, and knew it would get you out of going to jail?

[/ QUOTE ]

Been there, done that. They'll never catch me.

BeerMoney
04-13-2005, 10:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
In the subject, you ask
"Would it be ok to kill if someone was going to lie?",
in the body of your message you ask
"If someone was going to lie about you in court, . . . would you kill them . . . ?".

These are very different questions.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for pointing that out.. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

I didn't think I could fit the whole question in the subject. Anyway, I thought it was a fairly interesting hypothetical.

Dubra
04-13-2005, 10:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

nh

TomBrooks
04-14-2005, 02:28 AM
I would tell the guards that I was innocent and that the right thing to do would be to let me go. Then I would tell them that I would spare their lives if they let me go, but if they didn't, I would have to kill them in the name of justice and the choice was up to them.

There's some other stuff I would say to convince them to make the wise choice, but that is the short version.

Jazza
04-14-2005, 02:39 AM
I hope you guys are kidding saying you would kill 5 guards to save your own life

Yobz
04-14-2005, 02:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If the guards were 5 year olds, how many would you be able to take on at the same time...? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Grisgra
04-14-2005, 03:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I hope you guys are kidding saying you would kill 5 guards to save your own life

[/ QUOTE ]

Now let's be honest, here, how much of a life does a prison guard really have, anyway?

stankybank
04-14-2005, 03:29 AM
no.

Cerril
04-14-2005, 03:37 AM
*snorks* Oh wow... that one caught me off guard.

Cerril
04-14-2005, 03:38 AM
This is, erm, hypothetical right? Sounds like someone's asking permission...

EliteNinja
04-14-2005, 03:49 AM
I'm Canadian. No death sentences up here.
25 years in minimum security prison. It's like a country club.

b0000000000m
04-14-2005, 04:13 AM
Are we assuming this is the only way to get the person not to lie? Also, what are they lying about your having done? Are you actually guilty of the crime, or not (are they just lying in court, but you're actually guilty)? Why are they lying? Who is this person, and what are the circumstances of his or her life? I would need detailed answers to all of these--and probably more--but I can certainly imagine the answer being 'yes' under certain circumstances.

Jazza
04-14-2005, 04:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Now let's be honest, here, how much of a life does a prison guard really have, anyway?

[/ QUOTE ]

more than 1/5 of my own

DBowling
04-14-2005, 05:31 AM
as long as everything as you say in your post, then yes. i have no idea how i could be so sure that i wouldnt get caughht though. and whats your definition of extended period of time? im thinking 1 year+

edit: btw, i consider this self defense. if someone wishes to cause harm to me, i will defend myself by whatever means neccessary. the question about the 5 gaurds is quite different, as the guards are just doing their jobs. even if you killed them and got away, they already know who you and youd have to live your life as a fugitive.

thatpfunk
04-14-2005, 05:38 AM
Not ok, but reasonable.

touchfaith
04-14-2005, 05:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you a Mormon? From what I've been reading here, it may matter.

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

ilya
04-14-2005, 05:43 AM
don't do it, Beer!

The Truth
04-14-2005, 07:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If the guards were 5 year olds, how many would you be able to take on at the same time...? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I love it.

dr. klopek
04-14-2005, 07:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Dr. Klopec:

[/ QUOTE ]

Because the Catholic-American supported south Vietnamese government practiced oppressive religious policies, persecuting buddhists.

Ass Master
04-14-2005, 07:16 AM
Yes, and it's not even close.

InchoateHand
04-14-2005, 09:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.