PDA

View Full Version : JJ vs. a LRR, QJT flop, and I don't know when to slow down

Nick C
04-13-2005, 07:14 PM
Did I slow down too soon? If so, how many more bets should I have put in?

CO had been at the table for about 10 hands. All I'd seen him do so far was fold preflop.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, CO calls.

<font color="#0000FF">Possibly I should take limp-reraises more seriously than I tend to.

I don't know. What do you think of the cap? I decided that I didn't feel like getting pushed around at a table that had gotten short-handed.</font>

Flop: (9 SB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, CO calls.

Turn: (7.50 BB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls.

<font color="#0000FF">Here I started worrying about AK and QQ. And I didn't want to pay two more BB's to draw against AK.

I didn't take the hearts into account very much at the time, but I'm thinking maybe I should have.</font>

River: (11.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

<font color="#0000FF">Should I lead the river, especially given that I didn't 3-bet the turn?</font>

Final Pot: 13.50 BB

I felt lost during this hand. Comments on all streets welcome.

Edit: I corrected the number of players in the hand on each street.

mtdoak
04-13-2005, 07:16 PM
No, alot of things beat you here. Any two hearts, AK, 89, K9, QQ.

KDawgCometh
04-13-2005, 07:19 PM
don't like the PF cap against an unkown limpreraise. I like the flop play and I don't mind slowing down on the turn with the extra draw now out there. I think the PF cap is the only place you went wrong

Entity
04-13-2005, 07:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
don't like the PF cap against an unkown limpreraise. I like the flop play and I don't mind slowing down on the turn with the extra draw now out there. I think the PF cap is the only place you went wrong

[/ QUOTE ]

The PF cap is fine against a LRR from the CO.

Rob

hizo1
04-13-2005, 07:37 PM
Hey,

I can't see many players check/reraising with anything less than AA and KK, possibly QQ. I don't think I've ever seen someone check/reraise without pocket pairs... I don't know, I doubt someone would try this with connected hearts. Does this happen often at Party?

I would put him more on AA, KK and QQ. nice hand.

littlejohn
04-13-2005, 08:12 PM
If you consider him a "typical" player since you don't have any information, then it appears to be a big hand when he limps in from CO. He's got a big hand and wants some action so is trying to induce calls.

I like how you played this hand because you don't want to lay down to AA or KK here in this big pot. Unless he's crazy though, you lost this on the turn in my opinion.

Nick C
04-13-2005, 09:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't know, I doubt someone would try this with connected hearts. Does this happen often at Party?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, it does happen on occasion. Since Villain had folded preflop about 10 hands in a row, though, I think the chances he's a player that'll make such a play with any frequency go down.

There's another reason I think maybe I should've taken the three hearts into account more than I did, though.

KDawgCometh
04-13-2005, 09:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]

The PF cap is fine against a LRR from the CO.

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

this is something I've been wondering, when is it right to cap PF with JJ when you have no to little reads on a player(s)

adamstewart
04-13-2005, 09:25 PM
Preflop: nice

Flop: nice

Turn: Just go into call down mode when he raises your turn bet. This looks like villain smooth-called a straight or QQ-set on the flop, or he made a flush on the turn. (However, the times he has TT, two-pair, AQ, or bluffing justify calling this down).

River: check/call.

(Note: had you filled up on the river - fire away!)

All in all, I play this the exact same way.

Adam

private joker
04-13-2005, 09:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Klepton
04-13-2005, 10:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nick C
04-15-2005, 08:38 PM
Thanks for the responses. I was worried I slowed down too soon postflop, but maybe I was being results-oriented.

I don't know whether CO would have raised the turn if he hadn't picked up flush outs or not, but my hand did beat his A /images/graemlins/heart.gif A /images/graemlins/club.gif when he didn't improve on the river.