PDA

View Full Version : Nine-Nine

afk
04-13-2005, 07:10 PM
Table is pretty decent, villain is way too loose and on the aggressive side. But I wouldn't call him a maniac. Bets when he's checked to, raises with some piece etc... He could have a lot of hands here.

PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7.50 BB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: 7.50 BB

Surfbullet
04-13-2005, 08:46 PM
Getting about 3:1 effective odds to get to showdown (assuming he keeps betting), plus the rare chance of sucking out... I think it's okay to call this LAG down.

Surf

mperich
04-13-2005, 08:48 PM
Looks fine he could have a PP lower than yours kq kj etc. Cant let urself get run over in the blinds, so I call here altho I think it is relatively neutral EV, but good for your image.

-Mike

afk
04-14-2005, 01:35 AM
Thanks guys, results in white:
<font color="white">Villain had TT and was good</font>

Transference
04-14-2005, 03:14 AM
Calling down will generally cost you about 2.5bb. Your not ahead of a whole lot of his possible hands here even if he does have a pretty broad range. Maybe 88, 77, 66, QK, QJ, KJ. "On the aggressive side" just doesnt sound like hes going to cap preflop with many hands your ahead of.

I'm not sure you can put him off too many better hands by firing away either. If hes way to loose hes probably calling down any pps 10 or better and certainly isnt going anywhere with top pair. You also won't get rid of him if hes holding the flush draw.

I tend towards just leading out and keep firing until I meet resistance. I think you can take it down just enough and save yourself losing 2 BB to a better hand to make it plus EV. I just don't like calling down with a medium pocket pair on this board, but I could be entirely wrong.

Anyway thanks for posting the hand, really got me thinking on this one.

afk
04-14-2005, 11:22 PM
Yeah, this hand kinda froze me up. He could have a wide range but the preflop cap means he's got some sort of hand. ie. not the type to cap 62o. The ace high flop kinda sucks and I just wasn't sure what to do. So I post.