PDA

View Full Version : Why do I hate this one so much?

wrto4556
04-13-2005, 06:33 PM
No reads on MP2...he just sat down. MP3 doesn't bother me, he's very loose.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. MP2 posts a blind of $3.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 (poster) checks, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, MP3 calls, Hero calls, BB folds, UTG+1 folds.

Turn: (4 BB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font> planning to fold to a raise.

ugh. lead the flop, or what?

SmileyEH
04-13-2005, 06:34 PM
I checkraise the flop, lead the turn and fold to a raise.

-SmileyEH

wrto4556
04-13-2005, 06:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I checkraise the flop, lead the turn and fold to a raise.

-SmileyEH

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be my line if the board wasn't so draw heavy. Should that not even factor into my mind?

SmileyEH
04-13-2005, 06:42 PM
I don't see how it does, in fact this makes me even more likely to checkraise. If the bet comes from EP and there are lots of callers I'll just call becuase you can't protect your hand, but if the bet is in LP or MP whatever - you can protect your hand with a CR.

-SmileyEH

Nick Royale
04-13-2005, 06:42 PM
I'm simply leading this flop. Given the check I raise.

bungyrocks
04-13-2005, 06:43 PM
I used to like the flop check raise, but now I think it screams "I am weak, re-raise me", or they just smooth call and bluff raise the turn.... anyone else experience this?

private joker
04-13-2005, 06:45 PM
I'm not nuts about the preflop complete. Are people completing any 2 suited here at 3/6? Not me, not with a 1/3 structure. I also think a flop bet is mandatory. If you're going to check, then checkraise.

wrto4556
04-13-2005, 06:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not nuts about the preflop complete. Are people completing any 2 suited here at 3/6? Not me, not with a 1/3 structure. I also think a flop bet is mandatory. If you're going to check, then checkraise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oops. First day at 3/6, I didn't think it was that bad. Suited connectors and ten in up is standard?

Aces_up07
04-13-2005, 06:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. Completing is only $1 (1/6 of a BB) less than calling if you weren't in a blind, and you have bad position for the rest of the hand. I let anything go preflop that I wouldn't call with in late poisiton, and J4s doesn't make that cut.

ThisHo
04-13-2005, 06:51 PM
I like the idea of a C/R on the flop as well to make sure the BB and UTG both fold. Also, you get to see what MP2 does against a C/R... if he 3-bets, call and chk/fold UI on the turn. If he calls I'm leading out the turn. I'd also like to state that I would not have come up with the C/R line on my own - I'm filing this idea away for later use.

I must have a big leak because I'm not sure why you are both 100% sure you're going to fold the turn to a raise? If I'm MP3 and I've got a T, I'm betting the flop after all but 1 player have checked and if my flop bet got 2 callers and the turn is a brick and one of the callers bets into me I very well might raise here as a defense to a semibluff.

I might be 100% wrong, but please help me understand why you are certain you're going to fold to a raise?

Thanks,
ThisHo

private joker
04-13-2005, 06:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Suited connectors and ten in up is standard?

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends on the number of players. I'm not completing 65s after only 2 limpers. 4 limpers it's an easy complete. T9s I complete all the time. I'll complete any 2 broadway cards, of course, any PP of course, and pretty much any hand I'd play from the button after a bunch of limpers, like Q9s, K9s, and maybe J8s. Sometimes I'll play a hand like T9o depending on the table, but rarely 76o. I don't like playing marginal/crappy hands out of position. If your VPIP from the SB at 3/6 is over 25-26%, you're too loose in my opinion.

mute
04-13-2005, 06:54 PM
I would fold this preflop. Even with a loose caller and a poster, I dont think these suited trash hands out of position are worth it.

Bet the flop. Your hand is vulnerable and draws will pay.

chesspain
04-13-2005, 06:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not nuts about the preflop complete. Are people completing any 2 suited here at 3/6? Not me, not with a 1/3 structure.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that the preflop call sucks.

shant
04-13-2005, 07:00 PM
I would just bet this out until I was given a reason to believe I was behind.