PDA

View Full Version : Tenuous QJ

Scotch78
04-13-2005, 06:32 PM
TABLE CONDITIONS: The six of us have been together for close to an hour. BB was table coaching a lot earlier. I had a pretty nice run to start, but haven't played many hands or shown down any great hands recently. I'm sure the button and I have played some hands together by now, but if we did none of them were worth remembering.

Button is 19/13/36/~3 over 200 hands. His AF doubles on the turn then drops back down. I do not have any notes on him, but I think he's been raising a lot pre-flop and hasn't been to many showdowns.

BB seems LAGgy to me, but the only solid read is that he's very loose. I think he likes to check-raise, but that's all I really know. He might fold for two if he's drawing to a runner-runner, but there's no way to push him off anything I would actually want to. What's your plan, assuming no clubs or overcards hit?

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button (TAG) 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB (Coach) calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (9.40 SB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Coach checks, Hero . . .

Rodney D.

Grisgra
04-13-2005, 06:45 PM
When in doubt . . . bet /images/graemlins/smile.gif. I don't know where I am, so I'm just betting here, see what happens. Anything else strikes me as FPS, but I dunno.

Jeffage
04-13-2005, 06:46 PM
The flop is an easy bet. What were you trying to flop? Bet and hope he raises to push BB out. Bet because your likely best. Just bet.

Jeff

RunDownHouse
04-13-2005, 07:00 PM
I think he was more wondering if he should check/raise, not whether he should put money in the pot at all.

I'd just lead out as well.

Scotch78
04-13-2005, 07:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Bet and hope he raises to push BB out.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
He might fold for two if he's drawing to a runner-runner, but there's no way to push him off anything I would actually want to.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since people wish to keep making this mistake, I will repeat the directions. Please read and think about an entire post before responding to it.

Scott

PS The rest of your post was incredibly enlightening though.