PDA

View Full Version : Blinded by K8s.

SamIAm
04-13-2005, 06:18 PM
SB is LP-A. MP3 is sLA-P.
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: SamIAm is BB with Kh, 8c.
3 folds, MP2 calls, 2 folds, SB completes, SamIAm checks.

Flop: (3 SB) 7c, Qh, 8h (3 players)
SB checks, SamIAm bets, MP2 calls, SB raises, SamIAm calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 5h (3 players)
SB bets, SamIAm raises, MP2 calls, SB calls.

River: (10.50 BB) 5c (3 players)
SB checks, SamIAm checks, MP2 bets, SB calls, SamIAm folds.

I think I like the flop bet. Middle pair with over card and runner-runner flush. Don't like getting raised. Was the pot too small to worry about my middle-pair, and I should just check/fold?
On the turn I have the 2nd nuts flush draw and the pair with overcard. Is the raise too much? The K and 8 are likely no good, and it's not for value. It doesn't really protect against anyone who'd beat me.

Any thoughts are appreciated.
-Sam

P.S. Turns out MP2 had the Ah. Glad the heart didn't come. I won't reveal the rest, lest I taint the discussion. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

MCS
04-19-2005, 08:51 AM
Good preflop check /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I like the flop bet. But then you got raised with middle pair in a small multiway pot. They probably have you beat. You're only getting 6-1, so why fight? You don't have odds to catch top pair. What if he hit some random two pair with 87 or Q7 and some of your assumed outs don't exist? I fold this.

Given that I don't think the 8 is good (and you don't seem to either), you're pretty much only drawing now. So yeah, the turn raise is bad. If you clear the field, how does that help? Your pot equity is not high enough even if every out is clean and Ah isn't folding so if you hit the heart you don't care if people are hanging around. If the Ah is out then you're in bad shape anyway.

Where the hell is that MP2 bet from? You said he has the Ah, and so I guess he has a 5 with the Ah, which makes his flop play horrendous.

On the river, SB calling makes the fold better. I really think SB has a Q now, but you know, he tried to tell you that before and you didn't listen /images/graemlins/wink.gif Your turn raise scared him but he's not laying down top pair.

So in summary: Bet the flop and hope to take it down, but then fold to the raise. Call the turn because you have odds but you're just drawing and have no need to protect. Fold the river because you don't win enough.