PDA

View Full Version : Can I get out of the kiddie pool (JJ)??

twankerr
04-13-2005, 06:03 PM
Sorry, I don't have the hand history in front of me...I'm at school.

6-max 25NL on Party ($0.25BB). I don't have any reads on the player involved, except that he might thing I'm a little quick to raise because I've been raising so many pots. Both the CO and I have ample stacks behind us (about $45 each I think).

I am in the SB with JJ (the J/images/graemlins/spade.gif is in my hand). CO limps, button folds, I raise to 1$. BB folds, CO limp-reraises to $2.5. Button folds, I call.

Flop comes A/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif
I check, button bets $1 (pot was at about $5). I call.

Turn bricks something low and red. I bet out $3 (pot about $7, I think). He thinks for a while and calls.

River bricks again something low and red. I bet out $7 and he hits the tank. Finally he folds and types in the chat "I kno you had an A."

Thoughts?

TrailofTears
04-13-2005, 06:20 PM
I think getting out of the kiddie pool requires some sort of great-and-risky-but-impressive-for-the-given-hand sort of move. This hand had none. And I don't even like the way the hand was played. Underbets on every street will never earn you a degree from the kiddie pool, no matter how bad of a read villain makes.

-Trail

twankerr
04-13-2005, 06:32 PM
dammit

twankerr
04-13-2005, 06:33 PM
i ask you then, how would you have played an ace when the board flopped like that? im 99% sure he had QQ/KK. wasn't the point to represent an ace?

TrailofTears
04-13-2005, 06:53 PM
Well, for starters in this hand, raise more PF from the blinds here (4xBB+1xBB/limper is standard, but I would make it $1.50 here as a price to have position on me.)

As for representing a stronger hand than his (don't be results oriented - pretend you don't know he had KK/QQ, even though I agree with that read), you need to put in a raise somewhere or bet stronger. I like your turn lead bet, but make it closer to pot or just pot it. If he calls it and the river blanks, I bet 3/4 pot, putting him on KsKx, making it hard for him to call with shown aggression from you with an over and a flush possibility out there.

NOTE: It is hard to represent a hand while knowing what villain had. If you are played back at during this line, most likely on the turn, then you have to give it up, as Villain could have AX, AxKs, KxKs, QxQs (unlikely but possible) or AA, just to name a few possibilities. If you are going to try to represent a hand you don't have, you need to be ready to accept that villain might actually have that hand.

-Trail