PDA

View Full Version : Miracles do happen.

Pokey
04-13-2005, 05:58 PM
<font color="blue">MP3 is a maniac with VPIP 45.1%, PRF 9.8%, and Avg Agg 2.29. I think this play is fairly standard, but I'm curious if anybody thinks I should run it differently.</font>

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Pokey is Button with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 (Maniac)/ calls, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Pokey raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 (Maniac)/ 3-bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Pokey caps</font>, UTG calls, MP1 calls, MP3 :#A500AF(Maniac)/ calls, CO calls.

<font color="blue">Standard. I must remember to write </font><font color="red">Maniac</font><font color="blue"> a thank-you note when this hand is over.</font>

Flop: (21.50 SB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
UTG checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Maniac bets</font>, CO folds, Pokey calls, UTG folds, MP1 folds.

<font color="blue">Jumpin' Jesus on a pogo stick, I just flopped a boat. I can't raise </font><font color="red">Maniac</font><font color="blue"> yet because there are two players between us, and if they call, the pot grows even larger when I'm way, Way, WAY ahead. Dang, they both folded. OK, time to get aggressive.</font>

Turn: (11.75 BB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Maniac bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Pokey raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Maniac 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Pokey caps</font>, Maniac calls.

<font color="blue">Great, a flush. I hope he caught it. Time to make this expensive. Against a more passive player, I'd be a BIT nervous about the potential boat-over-boat when I'm three-bet, but against a Maniac, I just can't give him credit for anything. Bets are for value.</font>

River: (19.75 BB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Maniac bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Pokey raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Maniac 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Pokey caps</font>, Maniac calls.

Final Pot: 27.75 BB

<font color="blue">Blank river = keep at it.</font>

ThisHo
04-13-2005, 06:42 PM
OK... I don't see anything out of the ordinary here. You got a monster, played it as well as can be played and hopefully didn't run into KK. I think that given his #s you're play is fine.

Anything else you'd like to hear?

ThisHo

SmileyEH
04-13-2005, 06:43 PM
Do we need to notify the bad beat police?

-SmileyEH

wrto4556
04-13-2005, 06:43 PM
Looks like you missed a few bets on the flop.

bungyrocks
04-13-2005, 06:47 PM
this is a sacrifice I can handle to make extra bets on the more expensive streets. you have a nut hand and want to keep customers if possible

wrto4556
04-13-2005, 06:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
this is a sacrifice I can handle to make extra bets on the more expensive streets. you have a nut hand and want to keep customers if possible

[/ QUOTE ]

If they have a flush draw they will play. If they don't they will fold and you missed out on 3 bets from the maniac.

CallMeIshmael
04-13-2005, 06:49 PM
FWIW, I dont know how much I would agree that

[ QUOTE ]
VPIP 45.1%, PRF 9.8%, and Avg Agg 2.29

[/ QUOTE ]

Is a maniac.

We all know the Ag factor VPIP correlation (though that has yet to be proven), but... These numbers dont scream psycho to me.

shant
04-13-2005, 07:02 PM
I would raise the flop because the "maniac" is going to probably re-raise me anyway, and if they have the flush draw or a 5 they're not going anywhere.

Otherwise nice hand and I guess the maniac had 55 or KK which sucks.

PokerBob
04-13-2005, 07:04 PM
you lose

PokerSparky
04-13-2005, 07:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
<font color="blue">MP3 is a maniac with VPIP 45.1%, PRF 9.8%, and Avg Agg 2.29.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not a maniac imo. LAG sure, but not a maniac.

I think villain hit his two outer on the turn.

PokerBob
04-13-2005, 07:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
<font color="blue">MP3 is a maniac with VPIP 45.1%, PRF 9.8%, and Avg Agg 2.29.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not a maniac imo. LAG sure, but not a maniac.

I think villain hit his two outer on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

He had 55, that is why the OP labeled him a maniac. At least that's my guess here.

Pokey
04-13-2005, 07:29 PM
I labelled him a maniac because my default ratings gave him a "Taz" symbol. LA-A is close enough to maniac on a 2/4 board that I don't really feel a powerful need to distinguish between the two in my system.

Oh, and yeah -- he had the quads. I wiped the vomit off my shirt, congratulated him on a great hand, and went on with my life.

I guess I just wanted to hear if someone thought there were "warning signs" to slow down that I missed, but given who the opponent was, I guess I didn't have a chance.

CallMeIshmael
04-13-2005, 07:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I guess I just wanted to hear if someone thought there were "warning signs" to slow down that I missed

[/ QUOTE ]

The river 3-bet is probably a good place to start.

[ QUOTE ]

but given who the opponent was, I guess I didn't have a chance.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is a significant difference between a TAZ and a maniac.

This player is loose, and slightly aggressive.

75/55/5... now THATS a true maniac.

einbert
04-13-2005, 07:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I guess I just wanted to hear if someone thought there were "warning signs" to slow down that I missed

[/ QUOTE ]

The river 3-bet is probably a good place to start.

[/ QUOTE ]

No way I don't cap this against a LAG. If he could five-bet me I might consider just calling, but since he can't I think there's no question that I should put the fourth bet in.

CallMeIshmael
04-13-2005, 07:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
No way I don't cap this against a LAG. If he could five-bet me I might consider just calling, but since he can't I think there's no question that I should put the fourth bet in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dont get me wrong, I play it exactly the same way.

BUT... the 3-bet on the river is the point that I start to feel kinda sick to the stomach.

Also, I would have said the same thing, RE: if there was a 5th bet.