PDA

View Full Version : Why isn't there any poker software for Mac?

Freudian
04-13-2005, 05:28 PM
Seems a bit stupid that Party or Stars or another pokerrom doesn't develop a Mac version of their software. This would mean near monolopy of now untapped poker market.

Is there any pokerroom that has a Mac-version?

Guy McSucker
04-13-2005, 05:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

pokerroom.

Guy.

moondogg
04-13-2005, 05:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Seems a bit stupid that Party or Stars or another pokerrom doesn't develop a Mac version of their software. This would mean near monolopy of now untapped poker market.

[/ QUOTE ]

Becase the market it too small to waste time with. It's the same reason that web developers ignored Netscape for so many years.

Oblomov
04-13-2005, 05:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

pokerroom.

Guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The monopoly has already been monopolised.

Not a bad place b.t.w.

GrannyMae
04-13-2005, 06:02 PM
who is mac and why does he deserve his own client? **

** sarcasm.
YES, granny has heard of a mac. shame they went out of business tho. **

Pokeraddict
04-13-2005, 06:42 PM
Arent we all forgetting the oh so popular Victoria's Poker offers a Mac only download. The only room that I know of. I do not think though they have had a real money game in 2005. Shows how popular of an innovation this was. Seemed like a good idea at the time I am sure.

Freudian
04-13-2005, 06:53 PM
Even if it's only 3% of total computer users, it adds up. Furthermore they most likely have a higher average purchasing power than Windows users.

SlyGuy
04-13-2005, 07:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Even if it's only 3% of total computer users, it adds up. Furthermore they most likely have a higher average purchasing power than Windows users.

[/ QUOTE ]

I doubt it. They are still paying back their loans for the purchase of the Mac.

Guthrie
04-13-2005, 10:58 PM
People who draw pictures, write music and make home movies use Macs. Poker players use real computers.

Patrick del Poker Grande
04-13-2005, 11:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Starving artists and unemployed social sciences majors don't make much money, nor do they have a poker-playing mentallity.