PDA

View Full Version : Felt icky for the duration....

juggernaut
04-13-2005, 05:24 PM
Button is a TAG....

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, CO calls.

Flop: (8 SB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: (8 BB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls.

River: (12 BB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Button calls, SB folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 15 BB

Surfbullet
04-13-2005, 05:37 PM
With the button being TAG, I don't really like the flop raise... The only hand you will protect yourself from is a gutshot, while any pair or flush draw will correctly have odds to call regardless.

Additionally, with the TAG leading, he's either got you beat with a better ace or a set of AA/99, or you are way ahead of him. He's not folding anything that beats you to a raise, but he will fold lots of pairs (tt-kk) that he may continue betting.

That being said, I prefer calling down, and betting if checked to.

Surf

juggernaut
04-13-2005, 06:00 PM
But, but, but....it was the SB who lead the flop. Button (the TAG) is the preflop raiser.

I would have been content to check to the button and let him lead the hand....given that SB led, do you still prefer a calldown?

Surfbullet
04-13-2005, 06:06 PM
Ah, my superior reading skills come to light again. *rolls eyes*

Sorry, I read that a little too quickly. The point still stands that the TAG isn't folding anything you beat, and 3-bets stuff that's ahead of you, while folding stuff that might have paid off. However, protecting your hand might be worth a raise... this is a biggish pot, and you can't fold, so raising is better than calling...but I still think calling isn't bad, as SB has shown strength by leading into a large field including a PFR.

Also, given your line, why check the river? This is a value bet if you feel you were ahead enough to bet the turn.

Surf

juggernaut
04-13-2005, 06:18 PM
Well, when the button calls the flop, I felt like there was still a strong possibility that I'm ahead on the turn, even when the third club falls. When all three players call the turn bet, I think I'm toast -- mostly being toasted by the button who is now afraid of the flush. So I checked the river. Looking at it now, it would probably be a relatively easy fold to a river raise and if I'm going to checkcall on the river (questionable) than I should have bet out.