PDA

View Full Version : 5-10 JJ hand

Victor
04-13-2005, 04:49 PM
heres a hand i played a minute ago. sb is passive and straightforward. bb is new and unknown so assume typical 5-10er on party.

I open on the button with JJ, both blinds call.

flop is 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

SB bets, BB raises, I call???. SB 3bets, all call.

turn is 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif

checked to me and i bet, both call.

riv is Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif

checked to me and i check.

how did i do?

TheCaptain
04-13-2005, 04:54 PM
3bet the flop with your overpair

billyjex
04-13-2005, 04:57 PM
3-betting the flop is a must.

Given what happened, this is a value bet, yes? (I am really bad at value bets and am not sure on this one.)

Victor
04-13-2005, 05:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
3bet the flop with your overpair

[/ QUOTE ]

why is this better than waiting for the turn to raise.

Victor
04-13-2005, 05:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
this is a value bet, yes?

[/ QUOTE ]

ill admit i was confused at this point and scared of a checkraise. it seems there are quite a few hands that are made winners by this queen, no?

tolbiny
04-13-2005, 05:33 PM
Working backwards:
The river- i am not worried about a c/r so much as the thought that a Q (from either a flush or a straight draw) just paired up and you loose a bet, while there aren't that many hand out there that will call you down. Draws that missed will fold, leaving you only with PP's and an 8 to call down with. Maybe a bizzarely played AK/AJ/AT from the BB. I think it might be a bet if you toss to a c/r- but if you plan on calling the c/r i would check it down.

The turn is stadard since it was checked to you.

The flop coldcall.
Hmmmmm- what do you do if the turn is an A or K and it is bet to you?

Lmn55d
04-13-2005, 07:08 PM
I would 3bet the flop here. I don't think the pot is big enough to make it a wait till turn situation. You have the ability to cut SB's odds from 11:1 if you call to 6:1 if you raise, giving him the chance to make an incorrect call or an incorrect fold. Also, there is no guarantee that the turn will be bet.