PDA

View Full Version : "standard fish do wierd things"?

QTip
04-13-2005, 04:47 PM
Shant just responded to one of my posts with that statement. I've been noticing things now and then that really shock me, and I'm wondering these cause or whatever.

Examples:

I'm in a game and limp with something like A3s, the button I've got 3000 hands on and the PFR% is like 1...I can't wait to fold without flopping trips or the flush...the hand plays out and he's got TJo.

I'm in a game where I've got TPTK and player raises the field on the turn whose aggression rating is like .2 over 2000 hands.....he's got crap.

These things come up with some frequency and it always bothers me "Why are you messing up my reads on you!!"

Anyway...I think this is why we make calls in big pots and so forth. Anyone else ever have shockers like this happen with any sort of frequency?

einbert
04-13-2005, 04:54 PM
These things happen to me pretty frequently. Because of this I end up calling down a decent amount of the time versus unknowns with the second best hand, but I feel that overall these calldowns show a profit.

For example villian in this hand has been extremely passive up until this point, something like 50/4/0.5 over a couple hundred hands:

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (6.40 SB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG caps</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (7.20 BB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (9.20 BB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 11.20 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
UTG has Th Jd (high card, ace).
Hero has Qc Ac (one pair, aces).
Outcome: Hero wins 11.20 BB. </font>

Of course this is a fairly standard calldown, but it can show you how even passive players can 'take shots' at you especially if you happen to have been folding a decent amount HU postflop in that session.

brettbrettr
04-13-2005, 04:54 PM
Yes, I had a TAG (750 hands, 16/9/2) in the BB last night cap the flop, turn and continue betting into me on the river. I raised in EP with AA, flop was T75, turn A, river, 5. TAG held 97o. I was surprised.

Nick Royale
04-13-2005, 04:56 PM
Yesterday I was 6-tabling 2-4 at a crypto site. I had 44 and was facing a raise preflop. By mistake I raised insted of folding. [censored] happens. I was capped and I called HU.

The flop came K44. My opponent held KK and I was able to 12-bet(!!!) the turn.

MoreWineII
04-13-2005, 05:02 PM
Not really frequently but it does happen. Just because an opponent has a PFR% of 3 doesn't mean he's *incapable* of making a loose preflop raise. Just means he probably doesn't do it very often.

I think we (I know I do) sometimes make the mistake of assuming, for example, that a passive opponent will never take a shot at you. It's just not the case.

einbert
04-13-2005, 05:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yesterday I was 6-tabling 2-4 at a crypto site. I had 44 and was facing a raise preflop. By mistake I raised insted of folding. [censored] happens. I was capped and I called HU.

[/ QUOTE ]

oh snap

nh

MoreWineII
04-13-2005, 05:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

oh snap

nh

[/ QUOTE ]

At about 7 bets, I'd have been playing one-handed. Don't make me explain what I mean.

Nick Royale
04-13-2005, 05:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
At about 7 bets, I'd have been playing one-handed. Don't make me explain what I mean.

[/ QUOTE ]
If you want me to understand what you're talking about I'm afraid you have to.

MoreWineII
04-13-2005, 05:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
If you want me to understand what you're talking about I'm afraid you have to.

[/ QUOTE ]

One hand on the keyboard, one hand a-fiddlin' with the "joystick".

That's a noice hand. Unfortunately, in the biggest pot of my limit hold 'em career, I was the one holding KK. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

rmarotti
04-13-2005, 05:15 PM
masturbation.

tytygoodnuts
04-13-2005, 05:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Holy crap, I didn't know there were internet sites that let you do this.

I see normally passive fish try some really silly bluffs all the time.

New001
04-13-2005, 06:29 PM
Some fish have "favorite hands" that they probably got lucky with at one point or another. Other times, I swear they just randomly decide "Hey me, I bet I can bluff this guy out of this pot."