PDA

View Full Version : Pair + OESD

beta1607
04-13-2005, 04:37 PM
Gaming Club 5/10 table is very loose.

I limp in middle position with J /images/graemlins/club.gif 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif 4 other limpers and BB raise. All call.

Flop
QJT rainbow.
BB bets I raise 2 callers. BB 3-bets I cap all call.

Turn 5 completing the rainbow.
BB bets all call.

River 9
checked around.

I feel like I misplayed this beginning with my limp, so comments on all streets are appreciated.

Does anybody value bet their 2-pair on this board?

crunchy1
04-13-2005, 05:00 PM
Asking if you should be value-betting 2 pair on this river is, IMO, the wrong question to be asking.

I can't remember too many times since posting on 2+2 where I limped 1st in in MP. Usually this is a raise or fold situation dependent on the strength of my hands and my reads on the players left to act. Personally, and I mean no offense or disrespect, but, given the way you played the rest of this hand this should've probably been a fold PF.

You're likely behind on this flop and drawing to four outs - if you're not already drawing dead. You missed your flush draw, you've got the idiot end of a broadway-ish straight draw and middle pair - raising, much less capping, the PF raiser should not have been an option here. Fold PF and if not then fold on the flop - you'll save money in the long run.

einbert
04-13-2005, 05:17 PM
You didn't provide enough information.

Did you openlimp or were there limpers behind you?

Were you "OTB" on the flop, as in are you going to be last to act on the turn?

Were you last to act on the river?

All these things matter on this hand.

SmileyEH
04-13-2005, 05:20 PM
Preflop limp is fine if the table is loose passive not loose aggressive. I don't like the flop aggression. Just call and draw to your straight/trips. River is just dependant on how tricky your opponents are, but I would get there differently.

-SmileyEH