PDA

View Full Version : Is Multitabling more fun?

greatmage
04-13-2005, 04:34 PM
Does anyone else play for fun? If so, is multi tabling more fun?

raptor517
04-13-2005, 04:39 PM
no, you have to concentrate more. if you are playing for fun stick to 1 or 2 tables and surf the net too. holla

pooh74
04-13-2005, 04:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone else play for fun? If so, is multi tabling more fun?

[/ QUOTE ]

i do...no.

ps part of the "fun" is making money, so consider that. I have a decent paying job so I dont need to multi but seeing my BR increase is part of the fun for me.

citanul
04-13-2005, 04:43 PM
these damn things are pretty tedious, i think, if you aren't playing more than one. but if you're learning anywhere far from the top levels, playing one has large value.

citanul

sofere
04-13-2005, 04:55 PM
Depends on the person...I get bored too easily now playing one table. Plus I have more fun when I'm making more per hour.

Freudian
04-13-2005, 06:20 PM
I do get restless when I play 1-2 table and stressed when I play more than 4. So 3-4 is the most fun for me.

The Yugoslavian
04-13-2005, 06:21 PM
I think 8 tabling is extremely fun. But I'm not ready for it yet.

I really think I'd love 16 tabling...but again, I'm certainly not ready for that yet either.

Yugoslav

1C5
04-13-2005, 06:24 PM
I can't wait till I eventually get to 8,12 and 16 tabling also.

I used to love playing video games with lots of action. I think I will do fine.

valenzuela
04-13-2005, 06:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
no, you have to concentrate more. if you are playing for fun stick to 1 or 2 tables and surf the net too. holla

[/ QUOTE ]
This basically sounds like what I do.

vindikation
04-13-2005, 06:36 PM
I tried 4 tables and it was too much.

Dropped down to 1 and got bored.

I'm currently playing 2 and it's just right.

pokerlaw
04-13-2005, 07:09 PM
I was doing one table for about 8 months, and just started multi-ing a month ago (mostly 2 for now, started doing 3 this week). I am a video-game junkie and think that the increased number of decisions/minute adds a little excitement.

As to increased $$/hr, I dropped down from 10s and 20s to the 5s to learn multi-tabling, so I haven't seen that improve. My roll hasn't gone down though, so I will keep it up.

Kanchi
04-13-2005, 07:18 PM
It's a riot when you're at 3-4 bubble situations and you get a string of auto-push hands.

All-in, all-in, all-in, all-in, all-in.

Mr_J
04-13-2005, 08:06 PM
It's not that it's more fun, it's just less boring. More tables keep you occupied esp if you are always starting a new one immediately after a bustout. I do 6 and there are still plenty of 'dead' moments (the times you start reading 2+2 or watching tv and it feels like 5-10mins since you made your last action).

When I'm finishing up for the day and there is one still going I could die. Feels like you're tied down, and you almost feel like quitting it.

I pay more attention to the tables when I play 6 (now even 4 is like I'm 2tabling) only because you actually have to watch the screen most of the time. When I've tried 10-12 tabling, 8 will feel like a breeze (although if 10-12 went well that's how many I'd play).

sngs aren't particuarly fun for me. Multitabling isn't boring (once you get into it you just turn into a machine, raptor is a good example /images/graemlins/smirk.gif), but it isn't something I'd do if I wasn't making money at it. I guess I have this view since I got into poker soley to make money.

If you play for fun I doubt multitabling would increase your enjoyment (2 tabling should be ok though).