PDA

View Full Version : I have three days to get good at chess.....

"spaceman"Bryce
04-13-2005, 04:15 PM
In three days they are having a free tourny at school and the winner gets 500 and second gets 100 bux. I need to get good fast...500 bux is good.Help me.

MarkL444
04-13-2005, 04:16 PM
yahoo chess, baby!

willie
04-13-2005, 04:21 PM
you're f'd.

learn the fools mate and exploit it to the fullest.

Dynasty
04-13-2005, 04:23 PM
You have no chance in this tournament. There will be many strong players in a typical college (or even high school) tournament.

Alobar
04-13-2005, 04:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
you're f'd.

learn the fools mate and exploit it to the fullest.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, I get a kick out of using this

InchoateHand
04-13-2005, 04:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You have no chance in this tournament. There will be many strong players in a typical college (or even high school) tournament.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's grade school. He's been held back a lot.

"spaceman"Bryce
04-13-2005, 04:27 PM
No Chance or slim chance?Seriously I know the people who play chess I am not that bad.There are two-three people who will own this.they are foreign exchange students in engineering.I will be the strongest open option major in the field.....Maybe.

"spaceman"Bryce
04-13-2005, 04:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's grade school. He's been held back a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]
gee thanks.

InchoateHand
04-13-2005, 04:28 PM
If you're one of the stronger players, I'm pretty sure collusion is the answer.

Dynasty
04-13-2005, 04:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
No Chance or slim chance?.

[/ QUOTE ]

No chance.

You can't get good at chess in just a few days.

PhatTBoll
04-13-2005, 04:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
No Chance or slim chance?Seriously I know the people who play chess I am not that bad.There are two-three people who will own this.they are foreign exchange students in engineering.I will be the strongest open option major in the field.....Maybe.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do open option majors start out with an extra queen? If not, you're probably f'ed.

InchoateHand
04-13-2005, 04:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do open option majors start out with an extra queen? If not, you're probably f'ed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Boom goes the dynamite!

"spaceman"Bryce
04-13-2005, 04:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]--
LOL I like to keep my options open, it helps me avoid work at all cost, which is part of my master plan.Its not like I dont know chess.In 4th grade we had a chess tourny and I won a 50 dollar gift certifcate.

InchoateHand
04-13-2005, 04:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Its not like I dont know chess.In 4th grade we had a chess tourny and I won a 50 dollar gift certifcate.

[/ QUOTE ]

Brilliant! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

chaas4747
04-13-2005, 04:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Its not like I dont know chess.In 4th grade we had a chess tourny and I won a 50 dollar gift certifcate.

[/ QUOTE ]

Was that in '95?

"spaceman"Bryce
04-13-2005, 04:35 PM
I was sort of joking, but I did win a 50 dollar gift certificate....That will always be the highlight of my chess career.....

"spaceman"Bryce
04-13-2005, 04:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Was that in '95?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes. Exactly 1995.

touchfaith
04-13-2005, 04:38 PM
Buy a book.

When I was 7, I read a book and taught myself to play.

But...that took 4 days and was (just) before I discovered alcohol.

I think you are in trouble.

"spaceman"Bryce
04-13-2005, 04:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Buy a book.

When I was 7, I read a book and taught myself to play.

But...that took 4 days and was (just) before I discovered alcohol.

I think you are in trouble.

[/ QUOTE ]
lol.Im not in trouble becuase there is nothing to lose.I am actually quite sure that I will lose to a kid who looks like anand, the gm.I still wanna try though.

Punker
04-13-2005, 04:48 PM
What you should do is learn some opening traps. Go to any local bookstore and pick up pandolfinis book called opening traps and zaps (or something like that). This won't make you any good at chess, but it'll give you a chance to have a good result in 3 days.