PDA

View Full Version : Pick of the week

10-31-2002, 02:10 PM
I know many of you have been waiting for this so here it is.

Take the Vikings and the points. The vikes are up and coming and TB on the downslope. You won't get this oppurtunity, Vikes and points again in years. Randy Moss to have a big game. TB can't score especially Keystone Jonson

Also take Miami against GREENBUSH Favre may not play or at best he will be Gimpy

You heard it from JERRY

10-31-2002, 04:56 PM
Jerry - as much as I enjoyed and profited from your Vikes pick last week, I think you may have taken a clarkmeister stupid pill with your selection of the vikes on the road. While I agree that Tampa and its pathetic offense having to give 7 to anyone is very tempting, in order to properly handicap this game (clarkmeister listen up, a little free advice), one must look to the trends that have been established in this series over the past several years. Since the old norris division competitors played twice yearly, clear trends have been established. Tampa wins, often times large over vikes at TB, while vikes always win closely contested games over TB at the humpdome. Thus tampa usually scores a month worth of points against the vikes in the florida sun, thanx to vikings turnovers and their soft zone coverages. As bad as tampa has been offensively this year warrants that it is difficult to lay the 7 points, however the handicapping history of this series shows the vikings should not be considered a lock. Still anxiously awaiting clarkmeister's picks, so that I can teach him another lesson about handicapping.