PDA

View Full Version : Is this even worth a call?

QTip
04-13-2005, 04:00 PM
I don't have the history with me, but I remember the hand thinking "I'm throwing this bet away, but..."

I'm in the sb with AQs 2/4 party

3 limpers, I raise, BB and limpers call.

flop: Q73r (1 club)

I bet all call.

turn: 8 (sdm)

I bet, BB folds, 1 limper folds, 1 calls and the player to my right raises.

He's about a 33 VPIP and is quite passive, standard fish.

He's raising the field on the turn...Can't we be quite certain we're behind right now? I really felt that way.

I called and limper called. I'm calling hoping to improve with an Ace or queen or call if board pairs hoping 2 pair is counterfeited.

River: some rag, no flush and board doesn't pair.

I check, limper checks, SLP bets, Hero crying calls but really feels like he should fold.

I'm getting 14.5:1 to make a call here, and have an overcaller possible coming. This is 7% to break even on the call.

This is a nice pot, but can a TPTK actually be good often enough here with a passive player raising the field on the turn?

Is a fold correct here? When I think this, I just keep thinking of all the posts "DON'T FOLD SO MUCH!" "DON'T FOLD IN BIG POTS".

What do you think?

shant
04-13-2005, 04:35 PM
I would need a scarier board to fold there. I've seen enough passive, standard fish do wierd things like wait for the turn to raise their QTs that I call it down, expecting to lose most of the time.

Edge34
04-13-2005, 04:42 PM
I'm going to have to see his 87 or Q8 or whatever here. Getting 14.5:1 on your call, there is no fold.

QTip
04-13-2005, 04:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
standard fish do wierd things

[/ QUOTE ]

I need to make a post about this.

rewt75
04-13-2005, 04:53 PM
You have to call this down.

A pot that still haunts me from a few months ago was a hand exactly like this where I had AQo with top pair. I got raised on the turn by a fish in a big pot and ended up folding like a tulip thinking there was no way I could be good in a field that big. The raiser had QJo and had raised the turn because he picked up an OESD on the turn along with his top pair. He took down the pot with his pair of queens.

MoreWineII
04-13-2005, 04:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
there is no fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

"there is no fold." That's my new motto.

Edge34
04-13-2005, 05:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
there is no fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

"there is no fold." That's my new motto.

[/ QUOTE ]

"There is no fold" (copyright 2005, Edge34)

/images/graemlins/cool.gif