PDA

View Full Version : My stats for review

SjPdX
04-13-2005, 02:53 PM
I finally figured out how to post the pages from PT so I can start the process of evaluating my play. I hope I can get constructive criticism from the stats here and start posting hands that seem to give me trouble.

I played about 15k hands in .50/1 for +3.85 bb/100. Moved to 1/2 and have had up and down success in the short time I've played it. I don't think I'm agressive enough post flop and have negative numbers in AKs.

I'm looking forward to your responses!

http://home.comcast.net/~stevepopp/generalstats41305.JPG

http://home.comcast.net/~stevepopp/positionstat41305.jpg

http://home.comcast.net/~stevepopp/detail1.jpg

http://home.comcast.net/~stevepopp/detail2.jpg

toss
04-13-2005, 03:00 PM
Right now I can say you need to up your Flop Aggro factor, bring up that PFR, and take advantage of position more. I'll try to analyze it more later.

vhuntd
04-13-2005, 06:07 PM
first let me say that you're sample size is pretty small and you might just be in a moderately bad run - if the stats look like this @ 40K then you should be concerned - with that said, here are my suggestions

VPIP is too low - should be at least above 17 - mid 18% is preferable - but this stat isn't too bad low 16 is okay just not optimal
Attempt to steal blinds - much too low - should at least be above 25 - raise a good portion of your hands when folded to you (any ace, any big king, QJ, any pair)
PFR is too low - aim for 8-9 % - you'll be surprised at how many pots you can pick up when it's 2-4 handed w/out a PFR.

Post flop agression factor - much too low - you should definately be at least above 2.5

It doesn't look like your'e defending your blinds enough but i don't know what an optimal range for those stats is so i won't say anymore about those.

You're folding to an awful lot of river bets - 44.14% - either you're going to far with your marginal hands or your'e laying down too often.

So those are my suggestions - given with a grain of salt. Again, you might just be in a semi-bad run.

SjPdX
04-13-2005, 06:25 PM
It has not been a good run. I've had better cards. My agression factors and steal attempts in .50/1 are higher and Vo$iP is over 19% for the lower level. I haven't been able to get a foothold here in 1/2 and end up getting a little frustrated with the results. Definately mucking a lot of cards and seeing my good hands fall apart as the board gels with multiple players.

I appreciate the look. Thanks for your comments.

jaxUp
04-13-2005, 06:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Post flop agression factor - much too low - you should definately be at least above 2.5

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think this is true. It should at least be 2.00. I think people can function very well with a 2.00-2.5 AF (and above as well).

vhuntd
04-13-2005, 06:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I don't think this is true. It should at least be 2.00. I think people can function very well with a 2.00-2.5 AF (and above as well).

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. i think that i might have been too hasty there - should be at least 2 is a good aim - but i think that you're giving up some value if it's only at 2.0 over a significant sample. Also, since the 1/2 party tables are a little bit more on the rocky side - i think that a higher agression factor is more optimal here than say at the .5/1 tables where 2.0 is pretty good to have.
Want do you think of my other suggestions jaxUp?

grjr
04-13-2005, 06:35 PM
You're losing a ton of money in the blinds. Somehow you need to improve your postflop play with marginal/junk hands. Maybe defend the blinds more and don't assume someone has AA just because they raised preflop. If you pair the board on a low flop that's a good hand heads up.

grjr
04-13-2005, 06:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It has not been a good run. I've had better cards. My agression factors and steal attempts in .50/1 are higher and Vo$iP is over 19% for the lower level. I haven't been able to get a foothold here in 1/2 and end up getting a little frustrated with the results. Definately mucking a lot of cards and seeing my good hands fall apart as the board gels with multiple players.

I appreciate the look. Thanks for your comments.

[/ QUOTE ]

On your "session notes" page what is the total VP$IP for your opponents in all your sessions?

jaxUp
04-13-2005, 06:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Want do you think of my other suggestions jaxUp?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

VPIP is too low - should be at least above 17 - mid 18% is preferable - but this stat isn't too bad low 16 is okay just not optimal

[/ QUOTE ]

well, I don't think there's an optimal VPIP for 1/2. 17-22 is good. 16 is a bit on the tight side.

[ QUOTE ]

Attempt to steal blinds - much too low - should at least be above 25 - raise a good portion of your hands when folded to you (any ace, any big king, QJ, any pair)

[/ QUOTE ]

good advice. Get aggressive when it's folded to you. Consequently, that will help with:
[ QUOTE ]
PFR is too low - aim for 8-9 % -

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know much about the other stuff, and sample size is a bigger problem for blind defense and river folds.

SjPdX
04-13-2005, 06:57 PM
My original post of last week was titled "getting killed in the blinds". I was assured that everyone loses in the blinds and don't expect to be a winner there. That is why I'm posting my stats, to see if I should be winning more elsewhere!

SjPdX
04-13-2005, 07:04 PM
GrJr, I don't see that stat. Can you explain where it is located?