PDA

View Full Version : How long to wait when someone is late?

judgesmails
04-13-2005, 02:44 PM
I have this terrible habit of being on time for everything and being where I say I am going to be when I say I will be there. Apparently, this behavior is not shared with a majority of people - at least not those that I know.

So how long should I wait before I leave if I am meeting some friend(s) and nobody is on time except me?

I don't have a cell phone and will never get one.

Alobar
04-13-2005, 02:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I don't have a cell phone and will never get one.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the biggest problem, obviously there are some issues here, People who dont have a cell phone and are resistant to getting one usually have issues, but anyway, I digress...

Since it seems you are so adamant about this, then if your friends respect you they should take that into consideration and show up on time. I say 15 minutes, and then leave.

Edge34
04-13-2005, 02:53 PM
I thought this thread was going to be about knocking up your mistress and wanting to know how long to wait to take her to the clinic... /images/graemlins/tongue.gif OOT has jaded me.

Answer 1) Get a cell phone. You'll like having it when your car breaks down on the interstate and nobody is around/kind enough to help.

Answer 2) Wait maybe a half hour. Of course, as Answer 1 pointed out, if you get one, it'll be easy foro your friends to tell you why they're late and when they'll be there.

InchoateHand
04-13-2005, 04:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I thought this thread was going to be about knocking up your mistress and wanting to know how long to wait to take her to the clinic... /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I seriously thought this too.

MarkL444
04-13-2005, 05:04 PM
why will you "never get" a cell phone?

Uglyowl
04-13-2005, 05:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If cell phone companies would offer a plan where you don't have to spend $20+ month, I would consider it. I hate talking on the phone.

I want something just for emergencies with the thought going in:

A. No calls in
B. No intenetion of using it, except for emergencies
C. $5/month or less!

Til' that day comes I will not have one.

Benal
04-13-2005, 05:54 PM
15 minutes. Your friends are rude.

wacki
04-13-2005, 06:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If cell phone companies would offer a plan where you don't have to spend $20+ month, I would consider it. I hate talking on the phone.

I want something just for emergencies with the thought going in:

A. No calls in
B. No intenetion of using it, except for emergencies
C. $5/month or less!

Til' that day comes I will not have one.

[/ QUOTE ]

get prepay

Dantes
04-13-2005, 06:35 PM
get a cell phone and cancel your land line

swede123
04-13-2005, 06:37 PM
No kidding. If you go to 7 Eleven or whatever you can pick up a handset with a few hundred minutes on it for like $50. The minutes work just like on a calling card, once you use them up you call a number to add more minutes to the phone. This way you could at least have one for emergency use.

Swede

jstnrgrs
04-13-2005, 10:29 PM
I used to be resistant to cell phones, but when I got one, I found it most usefull and I'm glad I have it. Now it is the only phone I have (it is just as cheep as a land line, but I can take it with me).

stankybank
04-14-2005, 03:37 AM
if you're meeting close friends at a place where it's not too difficult to be alone such as at a mall or something, I'd wait up to an hour. things happen and I assume your close friends wouldn't make you wait on purpose for so long.

if it's the type of friends that don't fall under 'close friends' but rather 'friends of friends' or 'people you just hang out with' then I'd wait a max of 30 minutes, most likely not more than 20, more towards 15.