PDA

View Full Version : Frustration

Sponger15SB
04-13-2005, 02:31 PM
At the same table, 3 hands in a row I've flopped top two, then an ace high flush, then top two again, and I've won a total of $25 from it ($50nl full ring)

DIE TABLE DIE!

I HATTEEEEEEEEEEEEE YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

R$*)(@RJ#()@F#$)(FJEIW

TrailofTears
04-13-2005, 02:35 PM
Careful Sponger, or you will start to sound like TRPx (where x=the # of times that bastard child has had to re-join the forums).

I always suggest the severe slowplay, so give that a try... /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

webmonarch
04-13-2005, 02:48 PM
Ha! I wish I had your problem. I've had similar hands the past two days that have resulted in my opponents having a set, a full house, and a flopped straight. I did not win $25 in those three hands. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Richie Rich
04-13-2005, 03:07 PM
...of playing small-stakes poker.

Sponger15SB
04-13-2005, 03:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I always suggest the severe slowplay, so give that a try... /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh, whenever I flop a flush, even the nut flush, I play it fast.

Anyone disagree with that?

Sponger15SB
04-13-2005, 03:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Careful Sponger, or you will start to sound like TRPx (where x=the # of times that bastard child has had to re-join the forums).

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG IS THERE N E WAY 2 AVOID LOSING $$ ON THIS HAND???

Dealt to Sponger15SB [ Qc Qd ]
ShariJean raises [$0.5].

Sponger15SB raises [$3.75].
ShariJean calls [$3.5].
** Dealing Flop ** [ Js, 9s, 4d ]
Sponger15SB bets [$6].
ShariJean calls [$6].

** Dealing Turn ** [ 7h ]
Sponger15SB bets [$15].
ShariJean calls [$15].

** Dealing River ** [ Tc ]
Sponger15SB checks.
ShariJean checks.

Sponger15SB shows [ Qc, Qd ] a pair of queens.
ShariJean shows [ Kh, Ks ] a pair of kings.
ShariJean wins $48.1 from the main pot with a pair of kings.

(shortened to cut out useless stuff, we were heads up post flop, at a 6-max table)

Allinlife
04-13-2005, 03:42 PM
no unless you are against super aggresive player. playing nut flush fast allows you to get action from TP, 2 pair, set, lower flush when you are the heavy favorite to win the hand.

Los Feliz Slim
04-13-2005, 03:45 PM
You are TRPing.

I had a hand like this recently, someone suggested I should've checked the turn. What the hell villain is up to, I have no idea.

Sponger15SB
04-13-2005, 03:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You are TRPing.

I had a hand like this recently, someone suggested I should've checked the turn. What the hell villain is up to, I have no idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I dunno, I mean he could just as easily have AJ or something like that, or be on a flush draw with AK or AQ or whatever. Villians WtoSD% was 40.54% over 117 hands (also, 52vpip/5pfr), and I thought he would reraise me with something like AA, KK, JJ so I could fold.

I am not really worried about how I played the hand, unless there is something majorly wrong with it, I am just trying to make a joke.

TrailofTears
04-13-2005, 04:08 PM
I was being sarcastic, as I thought the "crazy" face would imply. Sorry for the confusion.

MarkL444
04-13-2005, 04:18 PM
wow sponger, you play poker?? i thought you just posted in OOT /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Sponger15SB
04-13-2005, 04:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
wow sponger, you play poker?? i thought you just posted in OOT /images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

lol....I hope this doesn't become a standard response to my poker posts.

MarkL444
04-13-2005, 04:33 PM
on a serious note, why are you so upset about this?

JC_Saves
04-13-2005, 05:35 PM
don't feel bad I had the same run of luck on UB yesterday, I would have AJs and someone would stay through all betting and raising to the river for ther A-T straight. It became really funny because it happened to my like 5 times, QQ, loser. AK loser, AJ loser times 2, KK loser.

The one hand I won was AA where everyone decided to fold. It can be frustrating especially when you have two calling stations that stay to the end.

I actually had a guy that played 80 percent of his hands up down all day long he went.

The tide will turn and you will be catching Kings on the river when you are behind to trips with your pp to win.

Good luck

TrailofTears
04-13-2005, 05:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
AJ loser times 2

[/ QUOTE ]

this is always true it seems...at least for me. Gotta plug that leak sometime soon...