PDA

View Full Version : Off to See the Wizard

FeliciaLee
04-13-2005, 02:24 PM
Well, I suppose this will be my last post for a while. In a couple of hours we're heading down to Phoenix.

We have to go by the surgeon's office, then go to the cancer center to pick up a special camisole I'm supposed to wear post-surgery, with pockets in it for the drains.

Then we'll check into the hotel, hopefully have a nice meal and get some sleep (lol, I wish). Surgery for the double mastectomy and to test for the spread of the cancer is at 7am tomorrow.

Thanks for all of the comments, IM's, PM's, e-mails and phone calls. The support from 2+2 has been phenomenal.

Now we'll get to see if I really would have made a good male after all, lol!

Felicia /images/graemlins/smile.gif
www.felicialee.net (http://www.felicialee.net)

Bill Murphy
04-13-2005, 02:30 PM
You go, girl. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

grant
04-13-2005, 03:06 PM
Felicia, You don't know me, but I have read a lot of your stuff, and you are a very admirable person. You show remarkable courage in dealing with your condition, I wish you the best of luck and will keep in my prayers.

Hope to see you back at the tables in no time!

Be well!

Grant

ZeeJustin
04-13-2005, 03:07 PM
Hope all goes well. /images/graemlins/grin.gif
-ZJ

fnord_too
04-13-2005, 03:17 PM
Good luck. Get better. Keep us posted.

buriedbeds
04-13-2005, 03:22 PM
Good luck, and get well soon. Remember that everyone's rooting for you.

-jake.

GreywolfNYC
04-13-2005, 03:34 PM
Good luck, Felicia. Get well soon!

Edge34
04-13-2005, 03:42 PM
Once again, good luck - I'm sure we'll see you back here sooner rather than later. Take care of yourself and get better, you got everyone here pulling for you.

-Brandon

raisins
04-13-2005, 06:28 PM
My best wishes for the success of the procedures and your recovery.

regards,

raisins

Zeno
04-14-2005, 01:16 AM
I think everyone is pulling for you and hoping for the best.

-Zeno

wacki
04-14-2005, 06:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

usmfan
04-14-2005, 12:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

chaas4747
04-14-2005, 12:29 PM
Good luck, you are in my prayers.

adios
04-14-2005, 12:32 PM
My wife is a breast cancer survivor. She's been in remission for 6+ years now. There's lots of hope and you can do it too. All the best.

gcoutu
04-14-2005, 01:14 PM
best wishes. your attitude and fight will take you through everything just fine.

andyfox
04-14-2005, 02:23 PM
Best wishes.

dogmeat
04-14-2005, 05:49 PM
I'm sure your sugery will go fine! Things will start to be great again real soon. I'm going to PM my phone number here in Phoenix, in case you need anything.

Dogmeat /images/graemlins/spade.gif

nolanfan34
04-14-2005, 06:11 PM
There's an update in OOT. Glenn says Felicia is out of surgery and doing fine. Good news!

Mason Malmuth
04-14-2005, 11:58 PM
Good luck Felicia. I'm sure you'll do well.

Best wishes,

Mason

FeliciaLee
04-16-2005, 12:42 AM
Thanks for all of the well wishes, everyone.

I got out of the hospital in less than 24 hours, they were so happy with how fast I recovered. My only real pain was on the left side of my back, kind of in the middle. All of the things they said would hurt didn't.

Now I'm sort of feeling it in my right armpit, where they removed the lymph nodes, but Percoset is taking cae of it nicely without any ill side effects.

We are at the Hilton. My baby laptop died sometime during the trip down, but it was 10 years old and I'm surprised it lasted as long as it did. The Hilton has a free business center, so I'm writing from there.

I'm sure I look really odd, with this crazy bag I have to carry around my neck, with all of these tubes in it, delivering lidocain to different places in my chest and armpit. That will come out on Monday.

I also have three drains in different places, but they are hidden pretty well under my shirt. It is obvious something is wrong, because tubes can be seen from under my shirt and the wrap is about 2" thick around my torso, but since people never really look closely at other people anymore, I've yet to get any weird looks.

The surgeon was so impressed with my ability to heal, both mentally and physically, she is almost sure I'll be released on Monday, even if she is unable to remove the drains.

Everything has worked out well. Phase one is over, at least.

Andy B
04-16-2005, 01:03 AM
Glad to hear that things are going well so far. Keep it up, kid.

nolanfan34
04-16-2005, 01:20 AM
I only had my appendix out, and I was no where near as coherant as you are! You rock!!

Keep it up, we're all thinking about you and wishing for the best. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

EliteNinja
04-16-2005, 03:13 AM
You rule!

I'm shaving my head for cancer tomorrow!!!
I haven't cut my hair for 2.5 years!!

Ragnar
04-16-2005, 09:43 AM
Felicia,

That is great. I hope the rest of the recovery goes well, and that they got all of it.

All the best,

Bill Perry

SinCityGuy
04-16-2005, 09:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Everything has worked out well. Phase one is over, at least.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's great news. Godspeed on your recovery.

dogmeat
04-17-2005, 02:06 PM
Wonderful news! Good for you! :

/images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif
/images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif
/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif
/images/graemlins/wink.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif
/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Dogmeat /images/graemlins/spade.gif

FeliciaLee
04-19-2005, 05:24 PM
Hi, guys! Thanks for all of the well wishes! Just wanted to post a quick update.

My surgeon released me yesterday, so I am now back at home. She was very concerned about my liver, as some tests came back with bad levels. We were frightened for about 24 hours that the cancer had spread to my liver.

Today she called to say that my lymph nodes were clean, which means that probably I don't have cancer in my liver. While it is possible that the cancer spread through my blood stream, skipping my lymph nodes altogether, it is a good sign that my nodes are clean. Hopefully whatever is wrong with my liver is minor and has nothing to do with cancer.

I am recuperating in bed and just taking it easy, doped up on painkillers.

Very good news today.

M2d
04-19-2005, 05:36 PM
/images/graemlins/smile.gif

mcteecho
04-19-2005, 06:06 PM
That's great news - well done.

Lottery Larry
04-20-2005, 12:29 PM
Wow, you're taking this all really well, given that it sucks!

Good luck with the recovery!

FeliciaLee
04-20-2005, 12:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Wow, you're taking this all really well, given that it sucks!

Good luck with the recovery!

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL, good one!

I deal with things better if there is a ton of humor involved. The more morbid and sick the humor is, the more it amuses me. I think I'm more sick in the head than in the body! Dr. Al says that is healthy, and that I have a good psyche, but you know shrinks, they are all nuts anyway, lol! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Thanks for the post!

FeliciaLee
04-23-2005, 03:10 PM
That is all. Back to your regularly scheduled poker forum.

Dominic
04-23-2005, 05:15 PM
Yeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

mcteecho
04-23-2005, 05:27 PM
You amuse me. And that's great news.

Ragnar
04-23-2005, 07:43 PM
Wonderful news! /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Luv2DriveTT
04-23-2005, 10:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
That is all. Back to your regularly scheduled poker forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't know you were back posting already! Welcome Home!!!

TT /images/graemlins/club.gif

fnord_too
04-28-2005, 02:47 PM
That's great!

Have you started chemo yet or are you still recovering from surgery? Also, how long will your chemo last? If you haven't, I would reccomend getting a medi-port. Also, if you need to get the shots to boost your blood counts (procrid I think for red(?) and something else for white), you don't have to go in for those. You can get a prescription and have your husband give them to you. (After the first week or so of those we started doing them at home. One of the nurses showed me how to give the shot and even let me practice on her with saline.) At any rate, it is far less of a pain to get those at home than having to go in every day.

FeliciaLee
04-28-2005, 02:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
That's great!

Have you started chemo yet or are you still recovering from surgery? Also, how long will your chemo last? If you haven't, I would reccomend getting a medi-port. Also, if you need to get the shots to boost your blood counts (procrid I think for red(?) and something else for white), you don't have to go in for those. You can get a prescription and have your husband give them to you. (After the first week or so of those we started doing them at home. One of the nurses showed me how to give the shot and even let me practice on her with saline.) At any rate, it is far less of a pain to get those at home than having to go in every day.

[/ QUOTE ]Thanks!

I was recovering so well, and they were so worried about my liver that I was supposed to start chemo last Thursday, April 21st.

On Wednesday, however, I had to have a CT scan on my liver. For whatever reason, I had some horrible reaction to the contrast and got unbelievably ill (this was much worse than the surgery itself!). I couldn't even get out of bed on Thursday morning, and they had the results already that it wasn't cancer, so they let me slide.

Since then my recovery took a little bit of a reversal, I was so sick from the scan. So they are holding off for a week or two, so that I can fully recover.

Yeah, I'm almost sure I'll get a port.

Thanks so much for asking.