PDA

View Full Version : Multitabling using UB's Miniview....any feedback on this?

pokerlaw
04-13-2005, 02:14 PM
I had been two tabling on Stars for the last month with mixed results, largely due to the 1024x768 max resolution on my laptop causing major overlap. I tried miniview yesterday on UB and found it to be very convenient for players with my monitor situation. 4 tabling with no overlap is certainly possible...anyone else like this?

GtrHtr
04-13-2005, 02:32 PM
I multi table UB SnGs and usually max view a table ITM or on the bubble for personal reasons with the tables at the lower levels on min view.

The only issue I have found is making sure I am aware of what position I am in on the min view. I always check before playing a hand.

DasLeben
04-13-2005, 03:42 PM
I decided to go with a 3-table fullview with slight overlap at 1280x1024 instead of the mini-view. It's not at all hard to use, but I just feel detached from the game while using it for some reason.

gumpzilla
04-13-2005, 03:49 PM
I just started playing at Stars last weekend, having come from a single table only environment. I've been two tabling to get a feel for it. My only complain with the overlap (I'm in the same position you are) is that it makes it pretty much impossible for me to pay attention to both tables at once, so my reads are somewhat lacking. I suspect this will improve with time.

GtrHtr
04-13-2005, 03:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I decided to go with a 3-table fullview with slight overlap at 1280x1024 instead of the mini-view. It's not at all hard to use, but I just feel detached from the game while using it for some reason.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point, hadn't thought of that. I'll give it a try.

DasLeben
04-13-2005, 03:57 PM
Oh heh, when I switched back to fullview, my ROI started improving. Might tell you something.

burningyen
04-13-2005, 04:10 PM
It's important to keep track of how far along you are in the current level. You can't do that with miniview.

Also, I know it's silly, but the new color dots in fullview have been helpful to me in classifying my opponents.

And there's probably some marginal value in knowing how your opponents perceive your bets, which can be a function of how they're portrayed in fullview (e.g. a stack of black chips vs. a tiny stack of red chips).