PDA

View Full Version : Restaurants in AC

AdamBragar
04-13-2005, 01:45 PM
I've never eaten outside the snackbar at the Borgata when going to Atlantic City. When I go down this weekend, I want to venture away from my degenercy for a few hours and get a good meal. I was hoping people could give me some suggestions for restaurants in (or near) AC. I'm looking for a place $40 per person or less. Any help would be great.

Thanks,

Adam

Turtle
04-13-2005, 05:24 PM
Great late night food at Tony's Baltimore Grill, but not $40 a plate classy. More like $12 a plate awesome.

And White House Subs. Best ever.

I've never had the need to go any farther out of the Borgata than those two places.

-jeff

cookieb
04-13-2005, 10:01 PM
several good places in the quarter at the trop

imaptone
04-13-2005, 10:34 PM
White house subs on Artic is the BOMB. The italian joint on the same side street is pretty good also. Angelo's I think it is.

Mike Gallo
04-13-2005, 10:41 PM
Angelo's I think it is.

Indeed.

Mike Gallo
04-13-2005, 10:49 PM
Angelos Fairmount Tavern 2300 Fairmount Ave, Atlantic City, NJ 08401 (609) 344-2439 http://www.cityatlantic.com/dining/angelos-fairmount-tavern.html

Baltimore Grille 2800 Atlantic Ave, Atlantic City, NJ 08401 (609) 345-5766

White House Subs Pick Up 2301 Arctic Ave, Atlantic City, NJ 08401 (609) 345-8599

Dock's Oyster House
Address: 2405 Atlantic Ave

http://www.cityatlantic.com/dining/docks-oyster-house.html

Jeffage
04-14-2005, 08:18 AM
Docks is VERY good...great seafood. Tony's is great also...probably the best pizza in Philly or Jersey IMHO. God I could go for a slice of that right now and some antipasto (yea, I know its 8 in the morning).

Jeff

nicky g
04-14-2005, 09:20 AM
Are any of these close-ish to the Borg?

Jeffage
04-14-2005, 11:31 AM
All can be reached for a max $8 cab ride from Borg's cabstand. Definitely look into Dock's if you got the scratch, but DO make a reservation. Tony's Baltimore Grill is a really nice local restaurant, w/ great pizza, etc. It's on the way to the Trop.

Jeff

nicky g
04-14-2005, 11:52 AM
Oh yeah I forgot about the capped cab fares. Good stuff. Thanks.

el kang
04-14-2005, 02:24 PM
There's food at the Borgata... just make a right and head to the back once you get out of the poker room. Steak, noodles etc. I've only done the run and goes - but its all the same kitchen. www.theborgata.com (http://www.theborgata.com)

But, I do like the places in the Quarter at Trop.

chucksim
04-16-2005, 02:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
White house subs on Artic is the BOMB. The italian joint on the same side street is pretty good also. Angelo's I think it is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lottery Larry
04-18-2005, 01:24 PM
I might be taking the wife there as a surprise on Sunday- what restaurants in the Quarter would you recommend for a birthday-reason dinner?

AdamBragar
04-19-2005, 11:31 AM
So, I was there this weekend and ate every meal at the Tropicana.

Cuba Libre is fantastic. Really great food and more reasonable that going to the Palm or Red Square.

The Palm is great. If you want steak, this is the place to go in AC.

PF Chang's is very solid for Chinese food, but it's nothing special in my opinion.

If you don't like pretention, don't go to the dessert place, Brulee. If you are all about pretention, go to Brulee. The desserts aren't as good as they should be for a place that hypes itself up like that.

Hope this helps.

Lottery Larry
04-19-2005, 04:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Cuba Libre is fantastic. Really great food and more reasonable that going to the Palm or Red Square.

PF Chang's is very solid for Chinese food, but it's nothing special in my opinion.

If you don't like pretention, don't go to the dessert place, Brulee. If you are all about pretention, go to Brulee. The desserts aren't as good as they should be for a place that hypes itself up like that.

Hope this helps.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was VERY helpful, since she likes both Chinese food and creme brulee and I was considering one or both as a possibility.

I greatly appreciate it- hope you did well at the tables!
LL

Philuva
04-19-2005, 06:03 PM
I always go to the Irish Pub for a good burger and beer.

MD2020
04-20-2005, 10:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Hope this helps.

[/ QUOTE ]

Any word on Carmine's? I'll be at the Trop next Saturday and I've made reservations, but I'm just curious to see if anyone on the board has anything to say.

AdamBragar
04-20-2005, 11:38 AM
Everyone I spoke to said Carmine's was great. Most people said it was their favorite of the non- super pricey restaurants. I live in NYC and have been to the Carmine's there a bunch so didn't want to go to the one at the TROP, but the one in ny is fantastic.