PDA

View Full Version : Please check a converted Stud players PT statistics......

stupid101
04-13-2005, 12:07 PM
I have been a stud player thats been playing for a living for 9 years and trying to convert to hold em as the games are dying out. Please can i have some anaylsis as I am doing poorly.

11k for 5-10 hold em
7k for 3-6 hold em
I played live all these years just trying to start playing online.

hands 18,241
vpip 13.57%
vpip sb 23%
folded sb to steal 88%
folded bb " 65%
folded BB HU 62%
won % when saw flop 33%
Att to steal Blinds 18 .2%

bb per/100 (-.55)
went to showdown 29%
won at showdown 56%
raised p/f 8.00%

aggro factor preflop 1.09
flop 2.73
turn 3.08
river 2.35

I think Im playing well, I had a successful poker career so far , but hold em is where the $ is and its hard to find a stud game nowadays. Thank you any advice would be appreciated.

mtdoak
04-13-2005, 12:17 PM
????? 3/6 Stud is the SOFTEST game on party. Anyways, welcome to the fold! Your numbers don't look bad, maybe play some more hands. What level are you playing?

brettbrettr
04-13-2005, 12:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
3/6 Stud is the SOFTEST game on party.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really?

flair1239
04-13-2005, 01:01 PM
The only numbers that look really suspect, is your WSD% and W$SD%.

It looks like you are possibly getting pushed out of pots. I don't like making judgements on Stats, but sometimes there is something to it.

I would post hands where you have folded on the turn or river with marginal hands.

Also the VPIP seems a bit light even for 5/10. This could indicate that you are either playing too tight, or that you are spending too many hands at tough tables.

So post some marginal hand folds, and maybe some of the borderline PF stuff.

stupid101
04-13-2005, 01:08 PM
I basically only pay off the pot if it over 10 bb or if the betting patterns dont make sense, or if there is some kind of draw that was missed and they might bluff the river.

As for tightness, I just dont know where to add hands. I play pp if im expecting 4 way minimum, suited connecters as well in late position. I often am not the first to limp in pots unless i have 77 or 88, qjs or j 10s, anything else im usually raising or mucking, KJs for instances ill open raise but ill muck KJo UTG and sometimes KQo if the table is really loose.

Thx for ur advice.

flair1239
04-13-2005, 01:20 PM
Just noticed the Att. Blind steal #. If it is really 18.2%, maybe that could be a work area.

chief444
04-13-2005, 01:27 PM
You could probably loosen up a little preflop in general.

You should probably be raising a little more preflop although your postflop aggression looks good. You should definitely be trying to steal the blinds more often. The blind play in general may be a good area to focus on.

You're probably folding a little much postflop looking at the 29/56 showdown numbers.

chief444
04-13-2005, 01:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
As for tightness, I just dont know where to add hands. I play pp if im expecting 4 way minimum, suited connecters as well in late position. I often am not the first to limp in pots unless i have 77 or 88, qjs or j 10s, anything else im usually raising or mucking, KJs for instances ill open raise but ill muck KJo UTG and sometimes KQo if the table is really loose.

[/ QUOTE ]
That all seems reasonable. I'm thinking you may be missing out on some more marginal but definitely profitable hands in later position though. In other words, attempting to steal blinds more frequently alone should bring your VP$IP up some.

mtdoak
04-13-2005, 02:21 PM
Oh yeah. You get a good stud table, you get people calling double raises with crap like 489 and chasing flush draws with 5 dead cards, its incredible. Now, you ARE going to get some of the worst beats you'll ever see there and alot of suckouts (i.e. making Aces up on 4th street and some donk rivers trips on you)