PDA

View Full Version : Got disconnected when heads up, Empire's fault, anything I can do?

1C5
04-13-2005, 11:37 AM
Was playing 3 tables last night, and in one of them with 2 people left I simply got disconnected and could not play anymore. Internet connection was fine as I could still play on the other 2 tables. Looked at the HH from that table and it says: Connection Lost due to some reason

WTF is that?
I was exactly even in chips when it happened and of couse I was folding AQs along with other nice ones. That was annoying. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

Will Empire do anything? I already emailed them...what can they do?

Apathy
04-13-2005, 12:07 PM
This happened to Dali a while ago on party and he got so man that they didnt refund him that he left their site.

I've heard sometimes they try to offer you the vig back, or give you some of your buyin back, not sure what their gonna do since you were already ITM.

keep us posted.

deacsoft
04-13-2005, 12:15 PM
My guess is that they'll blame it on your computer or your ISP. I had a similar problem once durring the final table of a MTT (1 of 4 players left). I was playing another table on the same site, was on AIM with a friend, and browsing 2+2 at the same time. I was only disconnected from the MTT table. By the time I got back onto it I was observing. I had been blinded out and finished 4th. Of course, because no one else had a problem and all the other tables on the site were running fine they placed the blame on my computer. I told them that I was on-line the whole time and playing at another table on their site at that time. They then tried to blame my ISP. What sense does that make? Anyway, I ended up being SOL. Wish I could be a little more encouraging for you, but all I can say is expect the worst and don't get your hopes up.

citanul
04-13-2005, 12:31 PM
they'll blame it on you.
they'll likely, if you yell at them a lot, offer you an IGMpay bonus.

1C5
04-13-2005, 12:37 PM
Eeven if I already did the iMG pay bonus?

The bastards, here is their response.

In reference to your email, we feel sorry that you were disconnected from the
table and that you could not play at the table. When ever you face a
disconnection while playing a Tournament, we request you to please log out of
the lobby, reboot your computer and log back in. You will be taken to your
tournament table automatically.

In this regard, we would not be able to refund you anything as the problem was
not from our end. Incase you face a disconnection while playing a Tournament, we
request you to please log out of the lobby, reboot your computer and log back
in. You will be taken to your tournament table automatically.

WTF I was heads up, the game would be over by the time I log off, reboot my computer and log on again. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

citanul
04-13-2005, 12:41 PM
yeah, that's basically it. you'll get "superior" responses from their phone support, though clearly not very good responses.

no, they will offer you a new igmpay bonus for like, next month or whatever.

they'll also tell you to try other server patchthroughs, but really, with all the restarting and like, you have no prayer.

citanul

The Yugoslavian
04-13-2005, 12:42 PM
Kill small animals.
It will cure one's depression
and soothe troubled souls.

Yugoslav

1C5
04-13-2005, 12:44 PM
What should my next responses be to get a new igmpay bonus?

I wouldn't mind that as it would be worth $100 and I was out possibly $40 (more like $20 as I might have lost anyway)

1C5
04-13-2005, 12:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Kill small animals.
It will cure one's depression
and soothe troubled souls.

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

Tried that before and you are correct.

citanul
04-13-2005, 12:54 PM
just call up and be as logical or illogical as you can muster, mostly being angry, insisting that you should be given something. eventually they usually give you a new bonus. semi calmly repeating that you were connected to other tables of theirs, and had no problems with those, or other internet applications, over and over and over again usually works.

citanul

1C5
04-13-2005, 12:56 PM
thanks, will try that.