PDA

View Full Version : did I miss a raise

stlip
04-13-2005, 11:26 AM
Table is short handed as it is about to break up. Villain is the tightest player at the table. I was having one of those snakebit evenings -- whatever unlikely combination a player needed that's what he held, or the worst possible card for me is what came on the river. I don't think I let it affect my play here, but would like to know if some people see it differently.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (3.25 BB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7.25 BB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9.25 BB

@bsolute_luck
04-13-2005, 11:34 AM
i don't think you did based on a tight read. you don't have a great kicker, so he might have slowplayed or he hit a full house. call down seems fine to me.

RaiNz
04-13-2005, 11:34 AM
I would 3bet the turn, and bet the river if checked to.
If villian caps the turn I call the cap, and call the river.

cold_cash
04-13-2005, 11:43 AM
Why 3-bet the turn? The only hands he's likely to call with either have you beaten or chopping. The hands he folds you probably have crushed.

You're not beating anything but a bluff at this point, and you're chopping with most other Aces.

Call and collect a bet on the river when you're winning, and lose less when you're losing.

gvibes
04-13-2005, 12:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You're not beating anything but a bluff at this point, and you're chopping with most other Aces.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with the rest of your post, but you're chopping with A3, and A3 alone

ajrenni
04-13-2005, 12:27 PM
I think you have to push back at him on the turn. Maybe he has a ten (this is more likely than him having the fourth ace), or maybe he figures you were bluffing on the flop. The check-raise is scary, but I would have it out with him here.

- Andy

cold_cash
04-13-2005, 12:31 PM
You are correct sir!

Still, this makes me like a turn raise even less.

gvibes
04-13-2005, 01:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Still, this makes me like a turn raise even less.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep. This was really the only way for hero to play this hand.

deepsquat
04-14-2005, 03:09 AM
Id 3 bet the turn, he could have a ten. If he caps id just call the river, i cant drop 3 aces HU.

stlip
04-14-2005, 06:47 AM
Villain had T8s, which kind of shocked me. I have seen him for a little more than 70 hands and his VPIP is 10 with PFR of 4 percent. I didn't give the full extent of my read because I didn't think there would be any discussion if people knew how tight he was.

To come into a raised pot head up against a non-maniac, even as BB, I would need Axs or Kxs or a medium PP (a better PP and obviously I would be 3 betting). So with such a tight player I was having a hard time believing he had called my initial raise without an A of his own.

I think if I had 3 bet in response to his raise on the turn he would have dropped the hand right there, so I actually got more by simply calling and then not giving him a free showdown after he checked the river.