PDA

View Full Version : More liberal hypocracy and biased media coverage

jaxmike
04-13-2005, 11:24 AM
http://www.benningtonbanner.com/Stories/0,1413,104~8676~2813819,0.html#

At no point in that article does it clearly identify the Vermont Rep. as a Democrat.

nicky g
04-13-2005, 11:32 AM
You've conviced me. From this day forward I will never read the Bennington Banner.

DVaut1
04-13-2005, 11:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
At no point in that article does it clearly identify the Vermont Rep. as a Democrat.

[/ QUOTE ]

This might have something to do with the fact that he's not a Democrat.

nicky g
04-13-2005, 11:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This might have something to do with the fact that he's not.

[/ QUOTE ]

Brilliant! jax's is the best gimmick account by some way.

jaxmike
04-13-2005, 01:06 PM
No, hes Independent, this is true. But he is liberal, and votes with the Democrats the majority of the time.

Dead
04-13-2005, 02:02 PM
That DOESN'T make him a Democrat. He is an independent. He doesn't even caucus with the Democrats.

He votes with the Republicans on gun issues, for example. He voted against the AWB.

And he is pretty hard on Democrats as well, if you've EVER listened to him speak, which I seriously doubt. But I have.

kurto
04-13-2005, 02:03 PM
"Brilliant! jax's is the best gimmick account by some way." I'm so glad you said that. I was starting to wonder if I was the only one who thought he was a joke.

BTW- nice avatar. My wife melt when she sees it.

jaxmike
04-13-2005, 04:14 PM
I have, but I believe I am still right in saying that he votes with the Democrats more often, considerably more often, than he votes with the Republicans. I COULD be wrong though. He always gave me the impression he was left of center.

kurto
04-13-2005, 05:21 PM
I think what Jax is getting at... is the media is biased because they didn't call him a Democrat... even though he's an independent. They should have said, "the Senator, who is independent but some might argue is slightly left of center,....." To do anything less, shows a liberal media bias and is, frankly, hypocritical of them. (In what way that's hypocritical is known only by Jax, but believe me, it must be true.)

slickpoppa
04-13-2005, 06:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think what Jax is getting at... is the media is biased because they didn't call him a Democrat... even though he's an independent. They should have said, "the Senator, who is independent but some might argue is slightly left of center,....." To do anything less, shows a liberal media bias and is, frankly, hypocritical of them. (In what way that's hypocritical is known only by Jax, but believe me, it must be true.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Dead
04-13-2005, 06:31 PM
So what?

Nader is not a Democrat. He'd probably vote with the Democrats more often if he were in Congress, but that doesn't make him one.

bholdr
04-13-2005, 06:44 PM
I'd say this article was very fair....

[ QUOTE ]
Jim Barrett, chairman of the Vermont Republican Party, used Sanders' family payments to highlight what he said is Democratic "hypocrisy" for fiercely attacking DeLay. "It's the standard hypocrisy from the left," Barrett said. "When a Republican does it, it's inappropriate and front page news. But now it turns out, our own Bernie Sanders has been doing it for a long time."

He added: "If it's corruption when Tom DeLay does it, then it's corruption when Bernie Sanders does it."

Jon Copans, executive director of the state Democratic Party, declined to comment.

[/ QUOTE ]

in fact, they IMPLY that he IS a democrat or at least beholden to the party, and, IMO, the article is going out of it's way to link him to the democratic party... i don't get how this is 'liberal' bias... if anything it's conservativly biased.

maybe jaxmike is a little paranoid? just a bit?

Vince Young
04-13-2005, 06:55 PM
POTD.