PDA

View Full Version : Low/Medium PP against constant All-in'er

RagleGumm
04-13-2005, 10:39 AM
I just played a PS 5+0.5$ SnG where one guy would constantly raise all-in when a lot of players limp-in and he's BB.
I was holding 55 and was short-stack, decided to fold after a lot of contemplation.
Few orbits later he repeats this act but one player that limped in with KQo calls the all-in and the aggressor shows 42o.

How do you feel about calling with Low/Medium PP against such a player in the medium / bubble stages?

Paul2432
04-13-2005, 11:01 AM
I would consider calling. Some factors to consider would be your pot odds and number of active players yet to act. If I was getting 1.5:1 or more on a call I would be much more inclined to call. If I had limped UTG with 55 and had four or five limpers behind me and then the BB went all-in, I would be more inclined to fold because some of the limpers may be limping with strong hands knowing the BB likes to make this move.

One word of caution, by the middle stage of SNG, a player probably only has posted the BB 5-6 times. Of those times, it was limped to him maybe half those times. You don't have a lot of data to draw conclusions. He could have held strong hands each of those times (though not likely after the third or fourth all-in) Of course, once you saw he did this with 42o you know he is making moves. Hopefully you made a note on this player for next time.

Paul