PDA

View Full Version : 4 TABLIN'

prunch
04-13-2005, 10:17 AM
stupid question, How do u get the 4 tables to appear on the one screen (i.e in the 4 quadrants). I'm still a bit dizzy aftr seen raptor's set up?

dfscott
04-13-2005, 10:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
stupid question, How do u get the 4 tables to appear on the one screen (i.e in the 4 quadrants). I'm still a bit dizzy aftr seen raptor's set up?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think I understand your question. Do you mean how do you get 4 tables on one monitor? Just open 4 different tables and drag them to the 4 corners of your monitor. (That can't be what you're asking, tho...)

DMACM
04-13-2005, 10:26 AM
Right click on your desktop, go to properties then settings then change the resolution on your monitor this isnt always supported depending apparently on your monitor. I personally have a 17 inch monitor and hate looking at text that small.
I have a stupid question too. If you are multitabling on 2 party skins whats to stop you from being on the same table with 2 different accounts?

Patriarch
04-13-2005, 10:29 AM
You get a "We see you are already sitting at this table" message when you try to sit down for the second time.

prunch
04-13-2005, 10:30 AM
ye i tried that but it didnt worl, i wonder is there some software that you can get or even a download of the web?
as for ur question,i'm not sure but it would be frowned upon

Patriarch
04-13-2005, 10:43 AM
The actual number of tables you can play varies according to site (on Party you can play four at once) but whether you can fit them on your screen without overlap depends on your monitor's resolution. There is a maximum resolution for each monitor (in CRTs: usually 1280x1024 for a 17" and 1600x1200 for a 19") which you cannot change with any download or software.

Bluff Daddy
04-13-2005, 10:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Right click on your desktop, go to properties then settings then change the resolution on your monitor this isnt always supported depending apparently on your monitor. I personally have a 17 inch monitor and hate looking at text that small.
I have a stupid question too. If you are multitabling on 2 party skins whats to stop you from being on the same table with 2 different accounts?

[/ QUOTE ]

Its because you are on the same computer with both names, anytime you log on a computer that has been used by another party/empire name it wont let you sit at a table with that person or anyone else that has every logged on that computer I believe.

FieryJustice
04-13-2005, 01:57 PM
I have a question...is there any way I can make the party windows smaller so that they dont overlap on my 17 inch monitor?

LMK

~Jc

raptor517
04-13-2005, 02:02 PM
nope, they rig it so you cant change the size. holla

Blarg
04-13-2005, 04:48 PM
19's are a hundred bucks each at Frys or their online store, Outpost.com, on sale, and they're almost always on sale. I'm looking at two of them now that I've been using for years and they're great.

If you're playing poker with any kind of seriousness whatsoever, a 19-incher is a good investment. Not to mention, it's much nicer for other things too, like games.

And if you don't like looking at small text on a big monitor, you can just change the resolution to make it lower, which makes the letters big and extremely easy to read. For instance, I'll often have one set at 1600x1200 to play poker on, and the other at 800x600 to read 2+2 on.

Anyway, it's pretty damn cheap and well worth it. I wouldn't wish a 17-inch monitor on anyone. And there's no way in hell I would multitable on one.

DaveKForty7
04-13-2005, 05:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
19's are a hundred bucks each at Frys or their online store, Outpost.com, on sale, and they're almost always on sale. I'm looking at two of them now that I've been using for years and they're great.

If you're playing poker with any kind of seriousness whatsoever, a 19-incher is a good investment. Not to mention, it's much nicer for other things too, like games.

And if you don't like looking at small text on a big monitor, you can just change the resolution to make it lower, which makes the letters big and extremely easy to read. For instance, I'll often have one set at 1600x1200 to play poker on, and the other at 800x600 to read 2+2 on.

Anyway, it's pretty damn cheap and well worth it. I wouldn't wish a 17-inch monitor on anyone. And there's no way in hell I would multitable on one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where do you see them on that site for 100 each??

Blarg
04-13-2005, 05:20 PM
Those deals are more often in their stores than online, but in their stores, they usually have them within spitting distance of 100 bucks(and sometimes less) at least every other week, on one of their sales.

And they have sales every single day of the week except Tuesday and Thursday!

The only thing is, there are so many sales every week, and it's such a huge warehouse type store, that the salespeople have no way of knowing the right price on anything, so you have to bring the circular with you to be sure you're going to get the right price.

Check the sales every single day but Tuesday and Thursday, online and in the newspaper. On Fridays and sometimes on Sundays, they'll have their own four-page advertising supplement.

I'm on a couple of generic 19-inch monitors from them, GEM brand, by the way. Even through the tons of power surges I've had in my apartment, they're still doing great.

These prices aren't incredibly rare on generic 19-inch CRT's anymore, by the way. You just have to look for them. If you go to any computer fair(lots of colleges have them weekly or monthly), you should be able to pick them up for that price easily, as prices there are usually lower than even the lowest store prices.

Bluff Daddy
04-13-2005, 05:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Where do you see them on that site for 100 each??

[/ QUOTE ]

I just did a quick search on ebay and found tons of 19's for way under a 100 bucks shipping will be a bitch though

1C5
04-13-2005, 06:04 PM
Can you hear the wind whispering to you?

*You want a 2001 FP, you need a 2001 FP*

prunch
04-14-2005, 09:59 AM
so do all you people who play 4 tables at once have them opened in the same screen. Does anyone play like i do with them all opened in different windows, having to click back n forth between each one? its a real pain

Scuba Chuck
04-14-2005, 10:10 AM
VetStadium used to (or still does) play the way you described. But I think most winning players can either figure out how to change their monitor resolution to view multiple tables at once, or splurge for a better monitor. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

kevstreet
04-14-2005, 11:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone play like i do with them all opened in different windows, having to click back n forth between each one?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I am one of the few that still does this. First, I don't like the resolution if I make the screens smaller and
secondly I just bought a new computer in December <Dell w/ 17" flat panel> so it pains me to think I may have to buy a new monitor already.

hummusx
04-14-2005, 11:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Yes, I am one of the few that still does this. First, I don't like the resolution if I make the screens smaller and
secondly I just bought a new computer in December <Dell w/ 17" flat panel> so it pains me to think I may have to buy a new monitor already.

[/ QUOTE ]

It won't pain you when it's sitting on your desk and you are enjoying it. 2001fp is a sweet beast. Soon as I get my Empire bankroll up to a comfortable level, I'm cashing out my Party money and getting a second one.

kevstreet
04-14-2005, 11:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
2001fp is a sweet beast.

[/ QUOTE ]

How much Hummus?

EdgePort
04-14-2005, 11:43 AM
$636.65 right now on Dell.com

Although this is a better monitor for a better price. http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=699281&CatId=1410

1C5
04-14-2005, 11:50 AM
dell can be had for 500 and change sometimes.

EdgePort
04-14-2005, 12:38 PM
I agree, I have seen them cheaper than they are currently listed. I just like the Samsung Monitor better. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

R_Brite_TDX
04-14-2005, 12:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont see what you guys complain about...I have a 17" monitor and I regularly 4 table and even when I am just reading 2 +2 I still leave the resolution at 1600 X 1200. I think it just takes getting used to as when I first started multitabling on it it kinda hurt my eyes but now I love it.

EdgePort
04-14-2005, 03:21 PM
Guessing this isn't an LCD though... Try creating a setup like Raptors using CRT monitors..

hummusx
04-14-2005, 03:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
dell can be had for 500 and change sometimes.

[/ QUOTE ]

~$465 recently. Next time there's a good deal going on them, I'll post something about it here. I really want that new one though, the 2405. *drool*

zaphod
04-14-2005, 03:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Guessing this isn't an LCD though... Try creating a setup like Raptors using CRT monitors..

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

(sorry i also need to get my post count up)

zaphod
04-14-2005, 03:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
2001fp is a sweet beast

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. Just got my first one today. Can't understand how i survived without it.

1C5
04-14-2005, 04:43 PM
465??? Never saw it that low.

Blarg
04-14-2005, 05:08 PM
heheh that reminds me of movie stars giving interviews saying they can't believe they "survived" something hilariously trivial.

zaphod
04-14-2005, 05:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
heheh that reminds me of movie stars giving interviews saying they can't believe they "survived" something hilariously trivial.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, yes guess you are right. But still i am very happy with it. /images/graemlins/smile.gif