PDA

View Full Version : empire crashes my computer when I close it?

rybones
04-13-2005, 09:55 AM
I have had a myriad problems with my computer lately and most seem to occure just after I close empire. Most common problem is the "a fatal error has occured to explorer" message and then I need to re-boot the computer. Any thoughts on what could be causing this or why? Has this happened to anyone else?

I am running Win98 and had tons of issues with the latest microsoft critical update so I deleted it, perhaps this is related?

Any thoughts/help would be much appreciated!

Ryan

Rhone
04-13-2005, 10:03 AM
I don't know what to tell you except that other people are having problems (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=2137446&page=0&view=colla psed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1) , althought different ones, after closing Empire recently. Have you e-mailed them? I'm waiting a bit to see if my problems go away on their own, since e-mailing empire support with technical problems is probably going to be a frustrating waste of time anyway.

captZEEbo1
04-13-2005, 10:04 AM
you should reinstall windows I think and consider upgrading to XP. Hope it won't be too much work.

Hojglad
04-13-2005, 04:04 PM
The simplest solution to a problem is always the best. Installing windows XP is a ton of work and may prove to be time consuming. I submit that, in order to solve this problem, you simply never stop playing.