PDA

View Full Version : Heads up raising values

oreogod
04-13-2005, 03:31 AM
Okay so Im trying to work on my heads up game (short handed in general) -- Im reading some of Abdul Jalib old rec posts. (by the way if anybody has links to other short handed articles or preflop charts to look at, link it up or point me in the right direction)

Anyway, Pokerstoving some hands...tell me if the couple instances below are correct...in a heads up game with u first to act.

AKo-A2o, AKs-A2s = Raise
KQo-K3o, KQs-K2s = Raise
QJo-Q6o, QJs-Q2s = Raise

etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.
Most of those hands are at 52 percent or more against a random hand...so should I pretty much be raising any hand that has over 50 percent against another (random) hand? I really need to expand the range of hands I need to raise with while going at it heads up (well and shorthanded as well...)

This is obviously a pretty general post.

NLSoldier
04-13-2005, 03:44 AM
You should also be raising alot of smaller suited and connected hands as well as all the pocket pairs obviously.

oreogod
04-13-2005, 04:18 AM
Yeah I didnt want to list all my Pstove results from Aces - down to 23s. Just posted the top of the list as an example.

Just trying to find if Im over 50 percent heads up, then I should probably raise. I was just seeing if thats a truism or bad thinking.

Trix
04-13-2005, 05:10 AM
Your opponent is much more important than a few percent either way when heads up.