PDA

View Full Version : 1st bad beat thread???

Mr_J
04-13-2005, 02:23 AM
Apparently we are entitled to one per 100 posts.

Dropped a silly number of buyins over my last 120. 30s have been rotten for me from the start, going breakeven over 500 at them. I am not a breakeven player. To make it worse, I can't afford this $hit. I need to be making money. Right now my BR is $150-200. Where the F did my 2k BR go (can't of spent that much). I have $150 coming through in rakeback and can get someone to loan me a few hundred. Until I get that loan and rakeback, it's down to the $10s. What a paycut...wait I'm not making much anyway, maybe it's gonna be like a raise??

500 breakeven at the $33s??? I'm 6% ROI over my 700 22-33s (35% at 22s, 0% at 33s). When you inlcude my brief stab at the $55s (crazy unlucky, but that's normal for me) I'm 3%. WTF is that. That isn't profitable, I could probally make more begging.

Anyway, tomorrow is a new day and all is good (even if I have to play the $10s). $10s for a few days then back to the $22s. Then it's a week until I have enough for the $55s (although I'll wanna save more). Course this is assuming everything goes according to EV (and it never does). All this bad luck has to end some time damn it. I guess I'll have to put those 12 tabling plans on hold for 2-3 weeks.

Mr_J
04-13-2005, 02:24 AM
You know what, this posting of bad beats is highly over-rated. I didn't feel any better after posting this. Maybe I go for a drink, come back at laugh at all the flames (feel free) I get then delete the post.

citanul
04-13-2005, 02:29 AM
heh! that's my point! very few people actually feel any better i think afterwards. where you live? we should organize localized "go get a drink" groups.

citanul

Mr_J
04-13-2005, 02:43 AM
"where you live?"

The other side of the world to most 2+2ers.

"very few people actually feel any better i think afterwards"

People have to remember that whatever bad luck they have experienced, there are plenty more people out there that have experienced worse. This is especially true for newbies (small sample) posting on a board full of veterans/pro's (huge sample).

I enjoy your replies to bad beat threads, but I expected a little more here /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

citanul
04-13-2005, 02:52 AM
yeah, what can i say, i'm sleepy. maybe i'll be more irate after i wake up in 5 hours to drive my gf to the airport, and provide a more entertaining response.

til then "hope your luck turns around"

citanul

1C5
04-13-2005, 07:37 AM
What banroll are you going to start playing the 50s with? Skipping the 30s?

Mr_J
04-13-2005, 08:15 AM
"What banroll are you going to start playing the 50s with? Skipping the 30s?"

2.5k to 3k. Take a week at the $22s. Yep skipping the $30s. No point playing there if I have the money to play the $55s. I wanted to try 12 tabling though so I might do that first.

Also gotta learn to not spend money while I'm not making any. Haven't played much at all this last month and I didn't realize how much I'd spent.