PDA

View Full Version : MTT guide

GutPunch
04-13-2005, 02:11 AM
Can someone link me to a strategy guide for MTT's? (useful for 100+ buy-ins)
I know they have a guide for beating the Party SNG's, and I was looking for a guide like that for MTT's

Yes, I have used the search, and no I could not find specificly what I was looking for.

Thanks

citanul
04-13-2005, 02:12 AM
lol.

citanul

Eihli
04-13-2005, 02:21 AM
Nice post. We need more of you on these forums.

To the OP: ...These forums are your guide.

bugstud
04-13-2005, 02:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Can someone link me to a strategy guide for MTT's? (useful for 100+ buy-ins)
I know they have a guide for beating the Party SNG's, and I was looking for a guide like that for MTT's

Yes, I have used the search, and no I could not find specificly what I was looking for.

Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

if it were that easy, this forum wouldn't be needed.

EDIT: actually, here is your guide. Win all your coinflips and have your AA's against KK's

GutPunch
04-13-2005, 02:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]

EDIT: actually, here is your guide. Win all your coinflips and have your AA's against KK's

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks for your help!!

Are there no "General" guides out there?

jwg152
04-13-2005, 02:58 AM
Well, I saw a general guide for MTTs floating around last week. It was a rough sketch intended for newbies. It was an old thread, so try a search...

GutPunch
04-13-2005, 03:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Well, I saw a general guide for MTTs floating around last week. It was a rough sketch intended for newbies. It was an old thread, so try a search...

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly what im looking for.
only thing is, like I said, I can't seem to find it when searching.

thanks

Rocco
04-13-2005, 05:17 AM
If it's to any kind of help, I read an excellent post yesterday which actually was a reply inside a thread. This very useful reply was written by poster "eMarkM" and described basic MTT strategy.

Anyway, the reason I found it yesterday was that someone linked to it, so I don't think there has been any activity in the original thread lately. However, if you feel like browsing through all of eMarkM's replies, it's a start.

PrayingMantis
04-13-2005, 06:46 AM
If you are seriously looking for a "guide" for beating 100+ buy-in MTTs, I think you might have a misconception of what is MTT poker. Also, SNGs and MTTs are very different animals, in many ways SNGs can be played pretty mechanically and still be +EV (especially the lowest ones), which is not true for MTTs.

There is plenty of good advice on these boards (and also bad advice). Reading all of it carefully, especially the better posters, and thinking about your own game + analyzing it objectively (a lot!), is your "guide" for winning in MTTs.

IMO, there are many ways to improve one's MTT game (and poker in general). Looking for these "guides" is not one of them.

jackdaniels
04-13-2005, 09:09 AM
Start with these two posts by eMarkM - and if anyone has any more in the same vein, feel free to post them here.

The basics (http://archiveserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=&Number=890506&page=&v iew=&sb=5&o=&fpart=)

A Tournament of Thievery (http://archiveserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=&Number=903650&page=3& view=collapsed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=)

Hope this helps.

Socrates
04-13-2005, 09:21 AM
Buy Harrington's books specifically for NLHE tournaments.

A_PLUS
04-13-2005, 10:32 AM
Here is some +++EV advice.

Dont play the 100+ MTTs if your game isn't yet at the point where you would benefit from a guide. Read HOH and play some smaller buy in MTTs until you are ready to move on.