PDA

View Full Version : Whar a Bunch of Savages

C-Dog
04-13-2005, 01:48 AM
Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif. CO posts a blind of $0.5.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (26 SB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: (23 BB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Button calls, SB calls, Hero calls, MP2 calls.

River: (28 BB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Button folds, SB calls, Hero calls, MP2 folds.

Final Pot: 31 BB

Should I let this go at some point? Or is the pot just too big?

C-Dog

bottomset
04-13-2005, 02:00 AM
well no point in overcalling on the river for sure

I think given the massive potsize, and drawhappy board I'm calling the 3bet and raising the turn as the defualt

a pretty bad card came off, so I'm not sure its still a raise

deepsquat
04-13-2005, 02:02 AM
tough hand. You capped the flop so lead the turn, If SB raises i call down, if anyone else raises id have to think seriously about dumping this hand unless its only 1 bet back to you, then just call down.

nasty board for you.

u have to call the river for 1 bet

I think you played this well except for the turn, the check on the turn left you with no idea where you stood.

MrWookie47
04-13-2005, 02:11 AM
You advocate overcalling on a 4 flush, 4 straight, paired board? HU I might call, I might even allow someone to call just for sanity's sake closing the action, but there are way, way too many ways to lose this hand, especially with people to act behind you who might raise.

crumpentunt
04-13-2005, 02:16 AM
I call the flop 3bet with plans to raise the turn. Scary card came... I check fold the turn... too passive? I just dont think there is any chance my hand is good.

deepsquat
04-13-2005, 02:21 AM
I agree your chances of winning this hand arent good, but they dont need to be. I dont think i can fold a 31BB pot for 1 bet with no overcards on the board.

If im correct 4% of the time i profit.

I wonder if Ed Miller would fold this river.

SoftcoreRevolt
04-13-2005, 02:22 AM
Fold the river, there is absolutely no way you have the best hand. I'd bet the turn and call if MP3 reraises, but there's just no way you have the best hand with so many people in the pot.

If just one or two opponents saw this river I'd call... but not here.

bottomset
04-13-2005, 02:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I agree your chances of winning this hand arent good, but they dont need to be. I dont think i can fold a 31BB pot for 1 bet with no overcards on the board.

[/ QUOTE ]

there's a big difference between calling against 1opponent, and calling after someone has called, and 1left to act ..

HU i call
in this situation you will win 0-1% of the time

stabn
04-13-2005, 02:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ed would probably bet fold or check fold the turn. You aren't good on the turn here and you have nothing ot draw too. If you somehow get to the river you have a fold as well. Even though you are getting a gazillion to one it doesn't matter since you are never good here. The river overall is burning money.

deepsquat
04-13-2005, 02:30 AM
yes i agree the turn was poor as i stated.

Man ive seen some strange crap in micro limits- but im still learning so if a fold is best on the river then im cool with that /images/graemlins/cool.gif