PDA

View Full Version : Limbaugh : belief in global warming makes one a Chinese Commie

jokerswild
04-13-2005, 01:37 AM
That's what he said today. The goal of liberal Chinese Commies is to raid the treausry of the the USA.

Talk about conspiracist, Goebbel's like style. He was in rare form. I'm sure the ditto heads here believe it.

QuadsOverQuads
04-13-2005, 01:43 AM
haha, I'm sure he didn't really mean it that way. No, he probably just meant "the jury's still out" on that question. Just like on evolution. And science in general. And the earth being more than six thousand years old. And notions of racial equality. And ...

q/q

wacki
04-13-2005, 01:43 AM
Can you find a quote?

If he gets skin cancer I will laugh my ass off.

Dead
04-13-2005, 01:44 AM
Global warming definitely exists, and that is cool.

I think I have posted my thoughts on this before, but I love having 70 degree days in January.

BCPVP
04-13-2005, 01:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I love having 70 degree days in January.

[/ QUOTE ]
I wish! More like 20's at best here. One day was about -30 F!!!

Dead
04-13-2005, 01:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I love having 70 degree days in January.

[/ QUOTE ]
I wish! More like 20's at best here. One day was about -30 F!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

They are not common in Upstate NY, but when they happen, it's great. Thanks must go to our sponsor, Global Warming.

kurto
04-13-2005, 02:21 AM
I don't get who's still listening to Rush? You'd think after his hypocrisy with his drug addiction after railing against drug addicts for years, the only people listening would be so strictly to laugh at him (as opposed to with him.)

If there's a day where he's not caught saying something flat out wrong or hypocritical, I would think its because he called in sick.

Cyrus
04-13-2005, 02:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Wednesday March 30, 2005
<font color="white"> . </font>
The human race is living beyond its means. A report backed by 1,360 scientists from 95 countries - some of them world leaders in their fields - today warns that almost two-thirds of the natural machinery that supports life on Earth is being degraded by human pressure.
The study contains what its authors call "a stark warning" for the entire world. The wetlands, forests, savannahs, estuaries, coastal fisheries and other habitats that recycle air, water and nutrients for all living creatures are being irretrievably damaged.
The report, prepared in Washington under the supervision of a board chaired by Robert Watson, the British-born chief scientist at the World Bank and a former scientific adviser to the White House, will be launched today at the Royal Society in London. It warns that:
· Because of human demand for food, fresh water, timber, fibre and fuel, more land has been claimed for agriculture in the last 60 years than in the 18th and 19th centuries combined.
· Water withdrawals from lakes and rivers has doubled in the last 40 years. Humans now use between 40% and 50% of all available freshwater running off the land.
· At least a quarter of all fish stocks are overharvested. In some areas, the catch is now less than a 100th of that before industrial fishing.
· Since 1980, about 35% of mangroves have been lost, 20% of the world's coral reefs have been destroyed and another 20% badly degraded.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are we to believe that all the scientists in the world who agree with these findings are secret Chinese spies?

The Guardian article (http://www.guardian.co.uk/international/story/0,3604,1447863,00.html)

kurto
04-13-2005, 02:32 AM
Scientists who don't support the politics of this administration are written off as mumbo jumbo.

When our own EPA concluded in Bush's first term that global warming was a concern, Bush dismissed the report (issued by his own cabinet member, Christine Todd Whitman) because it didn't agree with his own agenda.

I see no reason why Bushists will suddenly concern themselves with science that doesn't agree with their politics.

WillMagic
04-13-2005, 02:47 AM
Both sides have their quacks. The problem is that one of the biggest democratic quacks is in a position of far too much power.

"I think he's one of the biggest partisan hacks in Washington."

-Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, in reference to Alan Greenspan

Will

MMMMMM
04-13-2005, 06:38 AM
Do you have an actual quote? Better yet, please provide a few paragraphs of actual context and a link.