PDA

View Full Version : SB trash turns into bottom pair turns into 2-pair

SlantNGo
04-13-2005, 12:06 AM
This was my 3rd hand at the table, and I'd never played with BB before, so I guess that's about as unknown as it gets.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP2 calls, Button calls, Hero calls, BB calls.

10:1 with only BB to act after me, this was an automatic call with the rainbow flop. However, looking back... my 6s are very vulnerable to redraws, i.e. I could be easily counterfeited since I'm making bottom 2-pair, not to mention possible straight redraws. Should I discount them to 1.5 outs? Even so, that's still 5 outs, so I think the call here is a no-brainer. Feel free to correct me if you disagree.

Turn: (6 BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG calls, UTG+2 folds, MP2 folds, Button folds, Hero calls.

How is the bet here? Following the raise, I'm getting odds to draw to the boat, so I'm calling for sure, so the real question is deciding now whether I want to see showdown on a river blank.

River: (12 BB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

UTG was the flop bettor and thus most likely has just a pair, so I didn't really factor into the decision that this was an overcall. What do you think of the call?

Final Pot: 15 BB

ArturiusX
04-13-2005, 12:09 AM
I like it.

A_C_Slater
04-13-2005, 12:22 AM
I like it as well, though honestly, I would probably fold the flop not stopping to think about the price I was getting to call.