PDA

View Full Version : Berating the guys who wants to have fun and play alot of hands

Trix
04-12-2005, 11:50 PM
Seem to see it more and more at 5/10 6 and itīs getting anoying.

Often the guy who is doing it is a ~20 vpip player who thinks he plays well, maybe he even do, dont care really.

If anyone here starts bitching at people after getting outdrawn a couple of times, then please leave the table instead. Take a walk, do whatever.

FishinwNutz is a moron.

Thats all,

Thanks.

Scotch78
04-13-2005, 12:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
FishinwNutz is a moron.

[/ QUOTE ]

I second the nomination .

Rodney D.

seethe7seas
04-13-2005, 04:41 AM
lol. Fishin is a clown.

stigmata
04-13-2005, 04:59 AM
Yeah it is really annoying. I find that the dynamic of the 6 max table tends to increase the amount of abuse & nastiness. Sometimes I actually like to play other games just because the players are friendlier, and I get a respite from all this rudeness.

If I see it happening I normally stick my nose in and defend the abused player. On the odd occasion I have been guilty of making a snide remark, I will apologise to the player once I realise I'm being a total dumbass.

Soul Rebel
04-13-2005, 10:02 AM
I hate this so much, it seems like the bad players feelings seem to be much more fragile at 6max. The abuser is usually a 20-25/7, suggesting that he just came from 3-6 or some other full ring and he's decent, but he can't handle 5-10 yet, so he gets pissed. I usually jump in with a "nh" and then if the guy keeps abusing my buddy, I'll start talking about how the guy got pwned and how my buddy put him on tilt. Just about anything to make the fish feel good about the play, and to direct the douche bag's attention toward me.

TMFS9
04-13-2005, 10:07 AM
I find that it's the 50 vpip player does it more than the tight players. I find it quite ironic when the 50 vpip player berates me or another player for calling a raise in the big blind with J9s.

goodguy_1
04-13-2005, 10:29 AM
so right man I have to bite my lip and stay quiet...Everyday I play with guys that are playing 50/60/70% and are just having fun...they don't even mind losing..so we need to make the game as fun as possible for these guys not rag on them.The last thing you want to do is humiliate a fish-just bad poker.He ends up feeling like a dumbass and leaves the game with the $500 you could have made off him.For many recreational players poker is a release ..dont make the FISH feel bad..lets them have fun gdamnit..So what if you're getting fudged..it's only one table and if you are any good this one table is'nt going to make or break you...unless you should'nt be playing the game in the fist place..I would guess that many of the worst abusers are players just moving up or players that may not be able to beat the game eventhu they are tightasses..

stripsqueez
04-13-2005, 01:05 PM
i dont think of it as related to my earning capacity - its just plain wrong to berate people who are playing a game to have fun

doesnt matter what the circumstances or what you say - your gauranteed to be a wanker as soon as you open your mouth to do it

its very rare for me to be mean to someone these days but i have been there many times before - when it does happen it is usually due to conflict with the "you can do whatever you like when you win" rule

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

adios
04-13-2005, 01:11 PM
The problem is that the beraters take their poker seriously and tend to take suckouts personally. If they would only try to see it from the live one's perspective they wouldn't take suckouts personally I don't believe.