PDA

View Full Version : Should I raise this flop?

A_C_Slater
04-12-2005, 11:44 PM
Paradise Poker $1/2 --- 9 handed (BB is unknown)

UTG folds, UTG+1 (poster) checks, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, Hero calls K /images/graemlins/heart.gif T /images/graemlins/heart.gif, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls, BB checks.

(7 SB)
7 players--- FLOP: T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif J /images/graemlins/club.gif

SB checks, BB bets, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, Hero calls, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds.

I thought about raising the flop, but decided to just call, it seems that a raise here would be much better. I think I was worried about my lack of redraws with this hand.

(5 BB)
3 players --- TURN: T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif J /images/graemlins/club.gif A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

SB bets, UTG+1 folds, Hero folds.

(SB wins 5 BB's.)

Let's say I had raised the flop and SB and UTG+1 just called and then SB bet out the turn. The pot is now bigger, would you call? Should I call even in the actual situation?

ArturiusX
04-12-2005, 11:46 PM
I raise this preflop to buy the button.

I raise this flop to buy the button.

I fold the turn to a bet.

thesharpie
04-12-2005, 11:54 PM
I think you mean BB took the pot down.

Raise the flop. If BB bet into after your flop raise when the A falls I might fold the turn.

FishHooks
04-13-2005, 12:14 AM
Nope i dont think you raise this turn because its suited, paird, and connected, with that many players your raise will proboly be -EV your going to get outdrawn or allready beat more times than not. If you raise the flop the pot will be so big even gutshos will call you down on this flop and be getting decent odds but not great since there is a 2 flush. if a blank comes on the turn then raise it and cut the odds for somsone chasing a straight.

A_C_Slater
04-13-2005, 12:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think you mean BB took the pot down.

Raise the flop. If BB bet into after your flop raise when the A falls I might fold the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, too late to edit. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

ArturiusX
04-13-2005, 12:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Nope i dont think you raise this turn because its suited, paird, and connected, with that many players your raise will proboly be -EV your going to get outdrawn or allready beat more times than not. If you raise the flop the pot will be so big even gutshos will call you down on this flop and be getting decent odds but not great since there is a 2 flush. if a blank comes on the turn then raise it and cut the odds for somsone chasing a straight.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats playing scared poker.